Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Uncaught TypeError in Layouts wheb opening Content Layout Editor

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 mois et 1 semaine. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by erikd-6 Il y a 2 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Open the content Layout Editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the content layout editor

Instead, I got: the content layout editor waiting eternally to open and a message about a critical error on the bottom

The error log reports:

Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 1334 van het bestand /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.class.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, null given in /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.class.php:1334
Stack trace:
#0 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.class.php(1334): method_exists()
#1 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-views/library/toolset/woocommerce-views/Class_WooCommerce_Views.php(10537): WPDD_Layouts->get_where_used()
#2 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-views/library/toolset/woocommerce-views/Class_WooCommerce_Views.php(10079): Class_WooCommerce_Views->wcviews_get_loaded_layout_assignment_specific()
#3 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): Class_WooCommerce_Views->wcviews_filter_loop_related_shortcodes_layouts()
#4 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#5 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-views/application/Helpers/wcviews-shortcodes-gui.php(207): apply_filters()
#6 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): WCViews_shortcodes_gui->register_shortcodes_dialog_groups()
#7 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#8 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#9 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-views/embedded/inc/classes/wpv-shortcode-generator.php(1111): do_action()
#10 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(324): WPV_Shortcode_Generator->render_footer_dialogs()
#11 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(348): WP_Hook->apply_filters()
#12 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action()
#13 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-admin/admin-footer.php(78): do_action()
#14 /home/pkbsur/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php(297): require_once('/home/pkbsur/pu...')
#15 {main}
thrown

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Erik

I was able to reproduce the problem on a local test site. It occurs after updating PHP to 8.x (I'm not sure what version exactly).

I've escalated the issue to the developers, but I identified where in the code the problem arises, and as a workaround until Layouts is updated you can workaround the problem by updating the file plugins/layouts/classes/wpddl.class.php

Around line 1334 you should see the following if statement:

if ( is_object( $layout ) === false && method_exists( $layout, 'get_post_slug' ) === false ) {
	return null;
}

Please change that to look like this:

if ( !( is_object($layout) && method_exists($layout, 'get_post_slug') ) ) {
	return null;
}

The next update to Layouts should include the fix as it is very simple, though I'm not sure when that will be.

Let me know that it works.

Hi Nigel, thank you for your quick response. I have performed the patch and this has solved the problem.

erikd-6 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-20 16:17:09.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.