Skip Navigation

[Fermé] "Uncaught ReferenceError: toolsetCommonEs is not defined" On Search page.

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 2 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Do a site wide search.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

So if you use the search bar in the header of a page and you search for something that exists like "test" then you will see the issue with the formatting of the page. Plus you get console errors: hidden link

Also toolset adds a div before the HTML if you view page source: hidden link

If you look for something that doesn't exist like "hello" then the formatting is correct. Plus no console errors and no added div before the HTML.

I hope you guys are able to help with this. I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks
Guido

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Guido,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Based on the errors, I suspect that this might be a conflict of some sort. What I would attempt to do first here is to temporarily disable all the non-toolset plugins and perform the search again to see if the issue remains.

If the issue doesn't persist then we can safely say that another plugin is not playing nicely with Toolset. Please do this and let me know the results and we can take it from there with assisting.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I will give this a try. Will update when i have done so.

Hi Shane,

It's the Plugin relevanssi that created the issue. hidden link

I looked at my plugins and thought that could be the only one that's related to serach. I disabled it and all works now.

So is this something you will have a look at or shoud i contact that developer?

Thanks
Guido

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guido,

Relevanssi is a compatible plugin with Toolset.

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to your site so that I can grab a copy for further testing ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

I also contacted the developer, and he will look into this as well. He asked if it had anything to do with the custom excerpt being enabled or disabled. These settings here: hidden link

I had it enabled and after disabling it the issue was also gone. So it seems that it has something to do with that setting.

So for now i have it disabled and the issue is gone. I assume he will investigate further on that issue with that setting.

Thanks
Guido

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guido,

Great given that the developers of Relevanssi will look into the issue then no further action is needed from us here.

What you can do is to go ahead and mark this ticket as resolved.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

This is the reply i got form the developer:
"There’s something in how Toolset and the Relevanssi excerpts combine here. I’d need to have access to Toolset to be able to debug this; I don’t have right now. Very little I can do about this, as I don’t know at all what Toolset is doing there… but at least it works fine without the excerpts."

So maybe there is something you guys can do?

Thanks
Guido

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guido,

Would you be able to setup a staging site for us to do some additional testing ?

I will need this in order to pass to our 2nd tier team so that they can have a further look at it to see what is happening here.

Please let me know if this is something that is possible to do.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane, sorry i am not able to provide a staging site.

Thanks
Guido

Shane
Supporter

Hi Guido,

Are you able to provide a copy of the site itself where I can deploy locally to inspect the issue as the replication steps aren't so clear to me hence i'm not able to replicate on a fresh install.

To provide the site copy please follow the instructions in the link below.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] "Uncaught ReferenceError: toolsetCommonEs is not defined" On Search page.’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.