Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Types Beta 2.5b1

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 6 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

On testing the new Types 2.3b1 relationship feature for one to many and many to many, using a clean install Divi/Toolset Types I get a Chrome page load error when I try to save posts using the relationships. To be exact:

This page isn’t working

localhost is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

I am testing with MAMP on localhost

Hi, thanks for reporting this issue. If you're unable to log into your site, you can rename the Types plugin folder in wp-content/plugins temporarily. Then, please disable all non-Toolset plugins, reactivate Types and retest. If the 500 error was resolved, please activate your plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed. If the problem was not resolved, please enable PHP logging. If you're not sure how to do this, go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Then add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');
ini_set('display_errors', 'Off');

Reload one of the pages that results in a 500 error. This should create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents, along with any Apache log messages from your MAMP instance for the time period related to the recent tests.

Hi Christian,

Just by chance, I have been foostering around with the plugin. What I discovered. If you go to settings and disable the Front End Display option, which I always do, this causes the problem. Turn the options on again and, hey presto! all's good again.

I might try your debug method anyway as I have never done such a thing before in WP.

Here is what I got with the debugging. It was saved in that error file as you said but also appears in the browser page. Where do I go to find Apache Log messages?

[01-Oct-2017 15:36:07 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Toolset_Twig_Dialog_Box_Factory' not found in /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box_related_content.php:472
Stack trace:
#0 /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box_related_content.php(161): Types_Page_Extension_Meta_Box_Related_Content->prepare_dialogs(Object(Toolset_Relationship_Definition))
#1 /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box.php(70): Types_Page_Extension_Meta_Box_Related_Content->prepare()
#2 /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box_related_content.php(107): Types_Page_Extension_Meta_Box->__construct(NULL)
#3 /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box.php(57): T in /Volumes/Accounts/Users/StVaughan/Sites/DIVIToolset/wp-content/plugins/types/application/controllers/page/extension/meta_box_related_content.php on line 472

Ok. I see it (Apache log messages) in the MAMP directory in Applications under logs.

Hi Christian,

Some observations. When you finalise the creation of one to many and many to many relationships the page seems to load twice.

In the type list we get the new relationships listed there but from what I can see, if you ever want to get rid of the two main types it looks like you will have the remnants of the relationship, say Writers Books, with no way to delete it. This is similar to the problem I have seen in Templates where Loops in Views are saved and which can't be deleted directly from the dashboard interface. One has to gingerly do so from the mysql database in myPHPAdmin.

Apart from this things looking good with new features in Types.

Okay thanks, I have reopened this thread for now so we can continue to discuss.
1. It's crucial that Types is the only Toolset plugin that can be enabled to test out the new M2M setup. Other plugins aren't currently configured to support the new features and may cause unexpected results.
2. What version of PHP are you running in MAMP for this host?

I am using just the types beta plugin on a pristine install of WP / Twenty17 and PHP 7.0.15

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.