Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Toolset Access allow user to edit comments

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 17 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by arisG Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

In a clean installation, we have installed Toolset Types and Toolset Access and wpDiscuzz. The problem is that when we enable the Toolset Access and the “Edit own” is selected then in Comments Area any user can edit anyone comment.

If we disable the Toolset Access or the “Edit own” for the selected user role everything works fine.

We can provide staging credentials to investigate.

We have also tested with “Mihdan: Ajax Edit Comments” plugin

Thank you.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean that the commets are created using the third-party plugin wpDiscuzz? If yes:
- We do not have any official integration with "wpDiscuzz" plugin.

If you can share bit more details where exactly I can see the comments and where I can edit the comment with at least two user login with admin access details.

I would be happy to look at it.

Minesh
Supporter

I can see the issue and it seems a compatibility issue between the plugin you are using and Toolset Access plugin.

Can I take a duplicator copy of your site?

Hello Minesh,

yes of course you can.

Just a note, that the same conflict we have with other comment plugins that we have tested with.

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked and it seems to be the compatibility issue as the plugin "Mihdan: Ajax Edit Comments" do not have any official integration with Toolset.

When I checked the "Mihdan: Ajax Edit Comments" plugin source, I found the "Edit" link is generated from the following file:

plugins\wp-ajax-edit-comments\lib\class.core.php

Line no:108:

if ($aecomments->get_user_option( 'comment_editing' ) == "true" || (is_admin() && $aecomments->get_user_option( 'admin_editing' ) == "false")) { 
                    //Admin Options
                    //Edit link
                    $edit = "<a title='".__('Comment Editor','ajaxEdit')."' href='$edit_url' onclick='return jQuery.ajaxeditcomments.edit(this);' id='edit-$commentID'>";
                    if ($aecomments->get_admin_option( 'icon_display' ) != 'noicons' && $aecomments->get_admin_option( 'use_rtl' ) == 'false')
                        $edit .= "<span class='aec-icons $edit_class'></span>";
                    $edit .= "<span class='aec_link_text'>" .  __('Edit', 'ajaxEdit') . "</span>";

Which do not have any influence on Toolset Access settings.

I've reported this to verify the things to our next level support, please hold on for further updates.

Hello,

do you have any update?

Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

I got the news from our 2nd tier support that when we grant “Edit own” capability, also adds “moderate_comments” capability, which is unexpected.

We already reported the issue to our internal system in front of our Devs. Please note that there is no ETA on this.

Hello,

do we have any ETA?

thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I do not see any concrete information from our Devs yet. I will get in touch with you as soon as I have some news on this.

We have many complaints from our users about this issue and we really need to be fixed. Is there any temporary workaround?

Minesh
Supporter

I shared your concern with concern person in our team but for now I do not have any update to share with you but you can expect it soon, please hold on for further updates.

Minesh
Supporter

I just got the news that the issue will be fixed with next release of Toolset Access, I will get back to you if we get any hotfix that should help you to fix this issue before we should publish the next release.

Minesh
Supporter

Our Devs shared the patch and I would like to apply on your site.

Can you please send me FTP access details.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.