Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Too many parents render child post uneditable

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 5 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
imageB-not editable.jpg
editable.jpg

I am trying to:
Edite child posts in a many to many relationship

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Only visible in admin

I expected to see:
Child posts to be editable regardless of the number of parents

Instead, I got:

In this scenario I have an accessory custom post type that is the child of a products post type (not woo) This accessory applies to a couple of dozen products. When the child only has a few parents it is editable fine, (Image A) but above a certain number, it becomes editable and displays thus, Image B

The child post only lose editability after being connected to a number of parents

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

This is unexpected, particularly if we are talking about some dozens of parents and not thousands.

Could you first check your PHP error logs.

If you haven't already, turn on the debug log by editing your wp-config.php file and change the line with WP_DEBUG like so:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

That will create a debug.log file in your /wp-content/ directory which you can examine in any text editor. Try editing an accessory with many parents where it does not work and then inspect the log. If you don't find the debug.log file it means it didn't generate any warnings or errors.

If there are no warnings or errors, could you try disabling all non-Toolset plugins and switching theme to twentyseventeen and testing again. If it then works you should be able to identify the source of any conflict by a process of elimination.

Let me know what you find.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.