Skip Navigation

[Résolu] The WPML Language Menu Disappeared.

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 8:00 – 17:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 42 réponses, has 4 voix.

Last updated by Adriano Il y a 8 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Adriano.

Auteur
Publications
screenshot_language switcher.jpg
Language-FAQ-menu.jpg

The header of the site (which is a parent layout) has a menu in it called "Language". It consists of one item (FAQ) plus the WPML language menu which got inserted there automatically because of the setting in WPML (see screenshot).
It was showing then suddenly it stopped showing - maybe after updates to Types?
hidden link

Dear Eric,

I can not duplicate same problem, see below test site:
hidden link
user/pass: xgren/111111

Please try this:
1) Deactivate other plugins and switch to Toolset starter theme, and test again
2) if the problem still exists, please try duplicate same problem in above test site, we need a live website to test and debug.

I tried deactivating all non- wp-types plugins, and switching to the Toolset Starter theme, but it did not solve it.
Also did the current updates:
Layouts from 1.3.3 to 1.4
Framework Installer 1.8.5 to 1.8.6
WooCommerce Views 2.5.4 to 2.5.5
WP Views 10.10.1 to 1.11

I do not understand what you mean by trying to "duplicate same problem in above test site" – what would i do there?

Thanks

Could you duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below with login details, we need a live website to test and debug this problem, thanks

Thanks for the details, I can see the problem in your test site, you are using a parent/child layout, the "lanugage" menu is in the parent layout, but I still can not duplicate same problem in my localhost, could you provide the FTP access in below private detail box ? I need check if there is any PHP errors and debug in your website, thanks

Thanks for the details, the FTP access works, but the wordpress credentials does not work any more, I get this:
The web service to this account has been limited temporarily!
Please check it, if it is a bug, I need send the wordpress credentials to our developers for debug. thanks

That was a temporary CPU overage limit placed by the host. It has been removed (and am trying to find out why it happened). Please try again.

Thanks for the details, I have tried switch to wordpress default theme twentyfifteen, the problem is fixed, you can test it yourself.
So it should be a problem of theme files, and you are using a child theme of "Toolset starter" theme, did you modified the codes of parent theme "Toolset starter"?
If you did some custom codes in the parent theme "Toolset starter", please backup your theme files, and I need re-install a fresh theme "Toolset starter", to make sure if there is any compatibility problem with your custom codes.

I did not modify the parent theme as far as I know – did everything in the child theme. (Your support person Beda has also been experimenting with the unilisten2 and I don't know if he modified paren theme, but this problem appeared before he did anything).

Do you think this is this a CSS problem?

So what the next step.

Thanks for the details, I have been able to duplicate same problem with the exported file from your test site, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Any progress on this? We need to get this done.

Thanks!

Sorry, there isn't any update for this problem yet, I escalated this thread to our 2nd Tier supporters, hope there is a fix soon.

OK thanks for the attention.

I'm wondering why the FAQ/ [WPML] menu (called "Language (Header Menu)" in the backend) was changed to containing menus My Profile and Cart? Were your 2nd tier supporters were working on it?

Thanks

Any word on these? My client is getting very anxious.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.