Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Sudden Memory Issue On Some Views

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by mikeC-5 Il y a 4 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

I have two Views that have broken over the past few days even though nothing has changed. One is CP output by recently updated. The other is a custom search. Both output this error message:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 28672 bytes) in /home1/manuscr9/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/views/image.php on line 504

I have verified the latest versions of WP (5.3.2) and Types and Views. Everything was working fine until a few days ago, I'm just not sure if this is an issue on the server side or the WP side.

Also, I have tried adding those Views to a dummy page on WP. Two issues happen: first, it gives me an error when saving. Second, it gives me the same memory error. You can see it here: hidden link

Note that I have two other Views without any issues pulling data.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The "WordPress Memory Exhausted Error" appears when the allowed PHP memory size is not enough for the server to successfully complete the operations, needed to load a webpage.

You'll find useful background information about this and how to increase this memory size, from the following guide:
hidden link

In case the steps mentioned in this guide don't increase the PHP memory limit, it would be best to consult your hosting's support team for this.
( at the moment PHP memory limit seems to be set to 256M and you can get it raised to at least 512M )

If you haven't activated any new plugin or updated/reconfigured any existing one recently and there hasn't been any sudden increase in the amount of data/posts, then most likely this error started to appear due to some changes at the server level.

I hope this helps and please let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

It looks like the host reset the .htaccess memory limits when they upgraded to PHP 7. I believe that's the cause of the problem. Do you recommend adding the memory limit to the hosting account's root folder or the folder that has the WordPress index?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update.

If you'd like to target only a specific WordPress installation on your website, you can use ".htaccess" or "php.ini" file in its root folder.

On the other hand, if you'd like to apply some settings across the entire hosting account ( where there are multiple installs ), you can use these files in the webroot folder of your hosting.

Tip: Hosts configurations and plugins can at times update ".htaccess" and "php.ini" files, so it would better to first try to achieve this using the "wp-config.php" file.
( ref: hidden link )

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.