Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Single post view – how to manually select a specific post

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I would like to use a View to show information about a single post. I know the post ID and I would like to pass that ID into the View's filter using a shortcode attribute.

Solution: Use the Query Filter panel in the View editor screen to apply a filter by post ID, set by a shortcode attribute. Pass the desired post ID into the View shortcode using the standard attribute "ids", or modify the settings in the Query Filter to match a custom attribute you have already applied to your shortcode.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-query-by-post-id/
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/passing-arguments-to-views/

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by hugoC-3 Il y a 6 années et 2 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I need a way to display a single post by adding id or title, like [wpv-view name="single-post" post-id="123"] so I can use the same view to display different posts on different pages.

I checked the list of views shortcodes but I don't find a suitable solution.

Screen Shot 2018-02-04 at 11.32.34 AM.png

Hi, you're on the right track with the shortcode attribute, but there is a bit more configuration required. Edit your View in wp-admin, and in the Query Filter section add a filter by post ID. If you cannot see the Query Filter section, open the Screen Options tab in the top right corner of the admin screen and activate the panel. In the options for the post ID filter, choose "set by a shortcode attribute". The standard attribute name is "ids" so you can modify your shortcode to match the standard, or update the filter settings to use the attribute name "post_id".

Got it, thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.