Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Setting up a parametric search in a side bar

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:Setup a parametric search in a side bar and anchor side bar

I visited this URL: hidden link

i have created a CPT with toolset that resulted in the page above.

My challenge is I would like to have the parametric search in a side bar on the left of the content instead of the top. The idea is to make the side bar sticky so that the parametric search is always visible even if you scroll down the page.

I am using Genesis, Dynamik, and beaver builder and it is my intention to use a beaver sidebar for the parametric search.

Thx

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

We actually have a widget that can be setup for you to have your search as a sidebar. What you need to do is to go to Appearance -> Widget and add the WP-views Filter widget to the sidebar area you wish to use.

Also in order to make the sidebar sticky you will need to do some custom css work to achieve this.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thx for you reply. I understand the concept the trick now is in the practical implementation.
I have been looking at your solution and it is obvious i am missing some point.

How do i have just my search in the side bar and my content in the general content area?

I did put the [wpv-view name="multi-car-view-search"] in the side bar but it includes all of the data. (almost can say obvious at this point. )

It was done on the same link as above. You can see the results , not intended.

Thx

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screen Shot 2016-09-05 at 1.44.35 PM.png

Hi Andre,

It seems that you might've added the WP-View widget and not the WP-View Filter widget as the widget should give you an option to where you want the results be displayed. See Screenshot

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.