Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Set a default level of zoom for a map with many pins.

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Setup the center of Google map when "fitbounds" is off.

Solution:

You can try the attributes general_center_lat and general_center_lon, see our document:

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-render

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 2 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
Not-correct.png
Correct.png

I have a map in a layout which is tied to a listing of locations. Ideally I want the map to render to show the whole of Ireland on page load so there is a proper context for seeing the country. What is annoying is where there are only a certain number of location pins the view of the country is cropped. See the first image. From experience to get the full view of the country you need to have a location pin in the North and another down at the southern tip of the country. I think there should be a way to set a default zoom level sot that the country can be seen fully like in the second image upload.

I have looked at some of the following suggestions but they don't seem to work?

General-Zoom-3-Bounds-off.png
Generl-zoom-1-bounds-off.png

Some test so far:

If I use the following the map does its supper zoom out, seems to work and you can click into the clustered pins:
general_zoom="1" fitbounds="off"

But, if you start to adjust the general zoom in closer it start to look broken:
general_zoom="3" fitbounds="off"

The above is working but is not entering around the pins. You can see them if you drag the map down.

Hello,

You can try the attributes general_center_lat and general_center_lon, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#wpv-map-render
general_center_lat and general_center_lon. Optional, coordinates for the map center when fitbounds is set to off

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! That worked perfectly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.