Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Select categories and taxonomy based on url parameters

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luit Il y a 3 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

My goal is: Select categories and taxonomy based on url parameters in a form

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/get-url-parameter-for-cred-form-taxonomy-and-select-it/

If found this thread and managed to use the first jscript to select a category in my add a new post form. So this works.

But I have a conditional in a select field (Kerntaken= taxonomy) based on the selected category to display a specific taxonomy

So the category "Opdrachten" is selected based on url parameter /?categorie=Opdrachten. But based on this selection a second url parameter ?kerntaak= should make a selection for the taxonomy selection field, for example ?kerntaak=training which should select the taxonomy "Geven van trainingen".

The jscript I use for the caregory:

var getUrlParameter = function getUrlParameter(sParam) {
var sPageURL = decodeURIComponent(window.location.search.substring(1)),
sURLVariables = sPageURL.split('&'),
sParameterName,
i;

for (i = 0; i < sURLVariables.length; i++) {
sParameterName = sURLVariables[i].split('=');

if (sParameterName[0] === sParam) {
return sParameterName[1] === undefined ? true : sParameterName[1];
}
}
};
var param = getUrlParameter('categorie');

jQuery('select[name="category[]"]').find("option:contains('" + param + "')").attr('selected', 'selected');

I copied this script and adjusted the variables (this works) but then I get errors when saving the form: wrong combination of variables use.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Can you please share problem URL where I can see the form you added as well as access details and tell me at what step its not working. Maybe a video that explains the issue would be enough.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks, I found another solution by using conditional groups in the form. I use an URL parameter to select the correct category, the form then selects the correct taxonomy based on the category.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.