Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Search by taxonomy list

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by mikeC-5 Il y a 7 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Have search criteria be a text list of taxonomy items so I can get the AJAX display.

I expected to see: Only saw drop-down, radio, and checkbox.

Is it possible to make the criteria essential hyperlink text? This is purely a visual request from a client. They are looking for essentially the same thing as a radio except you click on the term itself, not the radio button. I suppose the other option would be to auto-load a view of a taxonomy output below a taxonomy list. Is that feasible without knowing JQuery or Javascript?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

radios.gif

Hi Mike

If you see the screen recording, where I have a taxonomy of status used as a filter, I think this is what you are looking for.

I have added a taxonomy filter to a custom search View, and used radio buttons for the taxonomy terms.

You then need a little custom CSS to hide the radio buttons themselves, and to highlight the selected term, like so:

input[type="radio"] {
  position: absolute;
  left: -9999px;
}

input[type="radio"]:checked + label {
  color: red;
}

Note that I assume you are not using radio inputs elsewhere on the page, otherwise you would need a more specific selector.

This worked. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.