Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Restricting Access to Downloadable Files

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by lindsayH Il y a 4 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

I've been trying to follow these instructions:
https://toolset.com/learn/create-membership-site-wordpress-using-toolset-plugins/restricting-access-downloadable-files/

But I don't see the field wpdm_direct_link in Fields and Views, and 'Downloads' is not listed in Post Types in Toolset (although it's in the Dashboard).
In your example:
[wpdm_direct_link id=’445751‘ label=’Download’] I've manually tried adding
[wpdm_direct_link id=’[wpv-post-title]‘ label=’Download’] - but it just goes to the home page.

Could you perhaps just confirm that Download Manager works as outlined in the instructions, or if it's now outdated. Many thanks.

Hello,

Q1) But I don't see the field wpdm_direct_link in Fields and Views
I assume we are talking about the shortcode [wpdm_direct_link ...].

If it is, this shortcode is not a Toolset shortcode, it is from plugin "WordPress Download Manager", see their document:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/download-manager/

Section "FEATURES"

Short-code for direct link to downloadable file [wpdm_direct_link id=file_id_required link_label=any_text_optional]

So it is expected result:
I don't see the field wpdm_direct_link in Fields and Views
You might need to input the shortcodes manually.

Q2) 'Downloads' is not listed in Post Types in Toolset (although it's in the Dashboard).
Same as above the post type "Downloads"(slug: wpdmpro) is created by plugin "WordPress Download Manager", so it is not listed in Toolset-> Post Types.

Q3) Could you perhaps just confirm that Download Manager works as outlined in the instructions, or if it's now outdated.
The document should works fine with latest version of Toolset plugins, since it is still using lagacy Views GUI, you just need to enable this option:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Settings-> General
In section "Editing experience", enable option " Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build"

OK, thanks.

As mentioned I have tried manually adding
[wpdm_direct_link id=’[wpv-post-title]‘ label=’Download’] - but it just goes to the home page and not the download page as expected.

Do I have to do anything else?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

It was my mistake, should be [wpv-post-id] and NOT [wpv-post-title]

Correct = [wpdm_direct_link id="[wpv-post-id]" label="Download"]

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.