Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Resource shortage on GoDaddy

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I visited this URL: dev.phoebefoxauthoer.com

I have Toolset set up on this site. (Note that I couldn't find the Debug Info to paste in with the new format.) I have four CPTs and three views running throughout the site. I have created more complex sites on other hosts without a problem. However, GoDaddy has a resource usage cap of 512 MB RAM. I ran some tests and I see that when multiple Views are loaded at the same time, it averages about 400 MB in memory.

I've never used a host that had a RAM server cap before. What can I do to minimize resource usage? Is this just an artificially low cap by GoDaddy trying to get me to upgrade and pay more?

1. Note that I couldn't find the Debug Info to paste in with the new format
==> https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Toolset requires 128MB RAM.
Of course, this depends on your Site size and other factors.
https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Your server settings should be okay.

How did you test the RAM Memory usage of Views, which you mention, are about 400 MB?
I would like to analyse this.

Can you provide me more details how you insert the Views, what they load exactly, and perhaps the results of the View's Debug?
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/debugging-types-and-views/

GoDaddy's CPanel has a real-time RAM/CPU performance tracker. I basically loaded several views all at once (hit reload on multiple browsers) while adding a new item to a CPT. It spiked around 400MB of RAM.

It's not a very intensive site. You can see it here:

phoebefoxauthor.com

There are three Views: the slider on the home page, the Books page (which drill down to CPT "Book" with content templates), and the Media page (two versions of the same view, different taxonomy filter).

I've built far more complex sites than this and never had a problem. I also tried deactivating a bunch of plugins besides Types/Views and those didn't really make a dent into the resource usage.

Here is the debug info per page:

Home:
Page info
Current page hidden link
Total memory used 3.2506MB
Render time 0.76
Total MySQL queries 39
CPU usage 4.86%
Elements info

- Blurbs Slider (Review Blurbs ordered by post title, ascending, 1 item per page with automatic AJAX)

ID 11
Name Blurbs Slider (Edit)
Kind of element View
Render time 0.08119
Memory used 0.1567MB
Summary Review Blurbs ordered by post title, ascending, 1 item per page with automatic AJAX
MySQL query Show
Items found 1

Books:
Page info
Current page hidden link
Total memory used 3.3044MB
Render time 1.48
Total MySQL queries 42
CPU usage 4.53%
Elements info

- Book Index - Grid (Books ordered by post date, ascending)

ID 295
Name Book Index - Grid (Edit)
Kind of element View
Render time 0.38671
Memory used 0.2088MB
Summary Books ordered by post date, ascending
MySQL query Show
Items found 4

Media:
Page info
Current page hidden link
Total memory used 3.4876MB
Render time 2.22
Total MySQL queries 91
CPU usage 4.61%
Elements info

- Table Media Links - Reviews & Interviews (Media Blurbs ordered by Field - modified, descending)

ID 309
Name Table Media Links - Reviews & Interviews (Edit)
Kind of element View
Render time 1.10035
Memory used 0.3633MB
Summary Media Blurbs ordered by Field - modified, descending
MySQL query Show
Items found 33
+ View Loop

- Table Media Links - Articles & Essays (Media Blurbs ordered by post date, descending)

ID 223
Name Table Media Links - Articles & Essays (Edit)
Kind of element View
Render time 0.10544
Memory used 0.0244MB
Summary Media Blurbs ordered by post date, descending
MySQL query Show
Items found 4
+ View Loop

Well, this is an Odd performance test.
We can’t ensure great performance opening several Views at once.

There are settings in a View that may decrease the performance a lot, imagine opening several and hitting reload may times.

I assume you speak about Backend actions, right?

On a Front End, of course, a View can be loaded here and there in the Web simultaneously, but not in the backend. This is unusual.

Can you confirm I assume right with your process?

Sorry for the delay on this, I got pulled away by some family stuff. In the meantime, the site went live and there has been minimal backend updating or processing. When this appeared during backend stuff, i was populating content so I had several windows running at once adding volume to CPTs.

The "low resources" warning did appear two more times. Both happened from only front-end usage, probably a spike in users from social media mentions.

The Backend Loads are not avoidable, as elaborated here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/resource-shortage-on-godaddy/#post-406631

The requirement calculations are done with a "usual" workflow in mind, where you edit one thing a time.

The Front end Loads are on the other hand not really expected, as long your server can deal with huge visitor masses.

Can you ensure the loads were generated by Toolset?
If so, we should perhaps analyse this.

But we need absolute certainty, this is generated by Toolset, and that the server you use, is ready for a massive visitor number.

I would suggest to get in touch with your Server Admin and ask for detailed server Logs.
Those could help to see the source of the load.

Please acknowledge, that performance is a big concern to us, but we will not debug server related or 3rd Party related issues.

Of course, if we can see that the loads are created by Toolset, we will handle ASAP

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.