Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Reset button event when the results are updated

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

I have a search form that has multiple selects, submit button and reset button, since I am customising which dropdown is shown based on other one is selected, when a reset button is clicked is not working as expected.

I need to trigger when the reset button is clicked and results are "updated", so I can run a custom JS.

it does not work this way either :

$(function() {
$(".resetButton").click( function()
{
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {

$(function() {
// my_custom_js
});
});

});

Solution:

I think there is a misunderstanding,
if you want to trigger custom JS codes when user enter your webpage, you can try like this:

jQuery(document).ready(function($) {
    window.alert("1");
});

if you want to trigger custom JS codes after user click AJAX pagination links of Views, you try with "js_event_wpv_pagination_completed", like this:

jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
    window.alert("2");
});

If you want to trigger custom JS codes after user do AJAX search of Views, you try with "js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated", like this:

[php]
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated', function( event, data ) {
window.alert("3");
});

[php]

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 6 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Hi,

I have a search form that has multiple selects, submit button and reset button, since I am customising which dropdown is shown based on other one is selected, when a reset button is clicked is not working as expected.

there are couple of event listener included like :

<script>
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_triggered', function( event, data ) {
/**
* data.view_unique_id (string) The View unique ID hash
* data.form (object) The jQuery object for the View form
* data.update_form (bool) Whether the custom search form will be updated
* data.update_results (bool) Whether the custom search results will be updated
*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_started', function( event, data ) {
/**
*/

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_parametric_search_form_updated', function( event, data ) {
/**
* data.view_changed_form (object) The jQuery object for the View form after being updated
* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_only (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-form-view] shortcode
* data.view_changed_form_additional_forms_full (object) The jQuery object containing additional forms from other instances of the same View inserted using the [wpv-view] shortcode
*/

});
/**
* data.layout (object) The jQuery object for the View layout wrapper
*/

});

but I need to trigger when the reset button is clicked and results are "updated", so I can run a custom JS.

it does not work this way either :

$(function() {
$(".resetButton").click( function()
{

$(function() {
// my_custom_js
});
});

});

</script>
not asking for help on the JS code.

thanks !

I am using : AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values

Dear Abdullah,

I suggest you setup your custom JS codes like this:

// my_custom_js
});

And test again, more help:
hidden link

Hi Luo,

thank you for the reply, I have something like this :

window.alert("1");

});
jQuery( document ).on( 'js_event_wpv_pagination_completed', function( event, data ) {
	/**
	* data.effect (string) The View AJAX pagination effect
	* data.speed (integer) The View AJAX pagination speed in miliseconds
	*/

window.alert("2");
       });

});

/**
	*/

window.alert("3");
      });
});

but I can only get the 1 alert, so I went and removed the whole JS code, and still won't go through the pagination at all, the pagination and the filter will only work with the refresh page option.

I think there is a misunderstanding,
if you want to trigger custom JS codes when user enter your webpage, you can try like this:

window.alert("1");
});

if you want to trigger custom JS codes after user click AJAX pagination links of Views, you try with "js_event_wpv_pagination_completed", like this:

window.alert("2");
});

If you want to trigger custom JS codes after user do AJAX search of Views, you try with "js_event_wpv_parametric_search_results_updated", like this:

window.alert("3");
});
filter issue 1.JPG
filter issue 2.JPG
filter issue 3.JPG

Hi Luo,

thank you that's clear now.

but I am having issue with the filter, I am not using any custom js codes for now all HTML and CSS, and I am setting it up like this :

Pagination and Sliders Settings :
Pagination enabled with manual transition and AJAX
Display the query in pages, which visitors will switch without reloading the page.

How do you want to update the results?
Let me choose individual settings manually
Update the View results only when clicking on the search button
Update the Views results without reloading the page

Which options to display in the form inputs
Always show all values for inputs

I am trying to make either the pagination or the filter works without reloading the page, I don't want the page to reload, but it keeps spinning all the time and won't refresh the results.

thanks

For the new problem:
but it keeps spinning all the time and won't refresh the results.

That is abnormal, in case there in case there is any compatibility problem, please try this:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, remove your custom JS codes, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file (ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Hi Luo, very thankful for the help, the problem was HTTP, HTTPS, since I just purchased the SSL.

this issue is resolved.

You are welcome, and thanks for share the solutions

Le forum ‘Types Community Support’ est fermé à de nouveaux sujets et réponses.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.