Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Reactivated – More than 500 post created with CRED Auto Draft in less than one w

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 14 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 2 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Pat
Toolset-draft.jpg

Hello,

I'm coming back on a previews topic : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/more-than-500-post-created-with-cred-auto-draft-in-less-than-one-week/
Normally, the issue should be closed with the V2.6.7 of the Forms plugin.
I have on my site the last version (2.6.9) and still have lots of drafts that are created (see the screenshot).
Could you please check if something has been modify between 2.6.7 and 2.6.9 or if another issue is creating these drafts !

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

We just release a new version for almost ALL Toolset plugins yesterday. We always recommend running your site with the latest stable release plugin version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please update ALL Toolset plugins to it's latest officially released version. You can download the latest plugin release from your accounts page:
=> https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Do you see the issue with latest version?
- Check again after more than 12 hours as cron runs after 12 hours or so.

Pat

Hi Minesh
Just verify on the site and even with the latest Toolset version (Types 3.4.10), I'm getting 6 new drafts for today !
I have checked on another site and have found 19 drafts for today !!!
What is curious is that it seems that I was not getting any draft until the last days (looks like the solution has not been integrated in the lastest version of the plugin) !

Let me know
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

With What form's version you are not seeing draft?

Pat

Don't really know as I have checked the automatic updates on Toolset's plugins ! On one site, I have the 2.6.10 version of the forms and on the other site, the 2.6.9
So, it seemes that even with the 2.6.9, the issue is there ?
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please confirm you can see the same behavior with Toolset form's version 2.6.10.

You can download the latest plugin at: https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Also, can you confirm if you downgrade to Toolset Form's version 2.6.7 - do you see the issue?

Pat

Hi Minesh,

My 2 sites are now with latest Forms version (2.6.10) and I'm stil getting new drafts this morning on both sites !
To me, this last version does not solve the issue.
I will see if I have time to downgrade to 2.6.7 version but if I'm right, that was the version I was using when I created the first topic?
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Yes, you are right, the issue was reported for the Toolset forms version 2.6.7.

But I just checked with my test install and I could not reproduce the issue using Toolset form version 2.6.9 or 2.6.10.

If you can setup a test site and send me admin access details with FTP I'm happy to check further.

Please share details that using what form on what page you see it creates duplicate auto-draft entry.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I checked and loaded the following form on chrome and FireFox browsers: hidden link

And when I checked the database - I can only see two auto-draft entries are added to the posts table. I do not see a new entry with every new page refresh.

Pat
Toolset-draft2.jpg

Hi Minesh,

Just checked and there are currently 10 new CRED auto draft posts created today !
Please find the screenshot attached.
So, I don't know if they are coming from page refresh or other things, but what is sure is 10 posts everyday for nothing is not a good thing !
I have let you the access if you need to perform further investigation.
Let me know
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

Yes - there could be possibility that user visits your contact page and do not submit the contact form.

Lets say ten user visits the page you will have 10 auto-draft entries but then out of these ten users 2 users submit the contact form and remaining 8 users did not (they just visited the contact page) in that case you will have 8 auto-draft entries and it will be automatically deleted by system after 24 hours (as those are unused entries).

Pat

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for the clarification.
I'm happy to see that the system makes some cleaning after 24 hours.
I still have some difficulty to understand why an auto-draft post is created each time somebody visits a page where a Form is integrated? Can you explain please.

Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

It's internal process when creating new entry using Toolset forms.

You have to keep in mind that the old entries should be removed after 24 hours or so. Because lets say today 10 people visits the form and tomorrow 10 and out of that only 8 people have submitted the form and created the entry(4 entry each day today and tomorrow), so in that case 6 entry should be deleted in 24 hours and another 6 after tomorrow and+24 hours.

Pat

Hi Minesh,

This I can understand. My question was to understand why an auto-draft post is created each time somebody visits a page where a Form is integrated?
I was thinking that only when the form was used (ie : when the user begins to fill one of the field of the form) that an auto-draft was created (but not each time a user reach the page, even if he does not fill any part of the form !!!)
Regards
Pat

Minesh
Supporter

That is the code behind mechanism even I do not have deep exposure about it but looks like just WordPress does when you try to create a new post it creates auto-draft post we are also creating a new auto-draft post for various reasons.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.