Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Product Forms adding a text area for message

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by GinaM9227 Il y a 4 années.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications
Product_form2.jpg
Product_form.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have created a Front End Product Submission Form. There is a field in the form that I created that is meant to identify the User/Vendor who is Submitting the Product - see attached backend. The objective is to assign the submitted Product to the account of the of the User who is Submitting, especially since there are many different users in the website.

The problem is that right now on the Front End, the Field Organiser is appearing as a Repeatable Field Group and Users can assign other Users to this product, which violates permissions. How can I update the permissions so that the User submitting the Product can only assign himself as Organiser.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/2017/01/adding-woocommerce-products-from-the-front-end-why-when-and-how/
https://toolset.com/learn/create-an-ecommerce-wordpress-site/how-to-create-a-front-end-form-for-adding-woocommerce-products/

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

It seems that is a Flat Taxonomy (like tags), is this correct?

It is not showing like a Repeatable Field or Repeatable Field Group.

It is showing like a Flat Taxonomy (Tags) Field, where you can show popular, and add own.
That's how Flat taxonomies (tags, or custom) work in WordPress

Repeatable Field Groups can not be seen or used in a Form that creates posts at all. Repeating Fields could be used, but the field seen highlighted in Red on your Screenshot is not such repeating field, it is a tag/flat taxonomy picker.

And yes, users can assign "other" tags here, that's how WordPress works with Taxonomy terms.
There is no possibility to restrict this unless with Custom Code.

However, if you want to connect to a specific "author", meaning a post that mimics an author, you'd need a Post Relationship.
This is, however, a completely different setup, that requires to create a relationship first, and then use this in the Form (where you can choose to show only posts by the current user, for example)

Please let me know if I can help you further with this!

It looks like my website is set up so that the product is automatically linked to the poster. Resolved!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.