Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Problems with search showing all inputs and with showing available options

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 4 voix.

Last updated by daveG-7 Il y a 7 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I have found two related issues with parametric searches.

First, I noticed that when the option "Always show all values for inputs" is selected for "Which options to display in the form inputs" and "Update URLS after loading search results" for Browser history settings, when you search, select an search result and click on it, then return to the search via the back arrow in the browser in Safari, the search results remain what they were before you left the page, but the search fields have reverted to their state before search terms were entered. This is really annoying for users preforming an in-depth search. If you press refresh, the search fields will return to what you entered, but this isn't at all obvious. This happens in repeatedly in Safari (and I believe sometimes Firefox), but not in Chrome. You can see that (in Safari) here: hidden link

I determined through trial and error that if I chose "Show only available options for each input" it would fix the above issue, though I don't know why - in Safari, when hitting back, your search results choices will be there. However, that led to a more serious issue with that selection. With "show only available options..." chosen, the multi selects in my search filter, in iOS, will close approximately a second and a half after they have been selected, making them unusable. You can see this (on an iPhone) here: hidden link

I don't deeply care which option is chosen from "Which options to display in the form inputs" but both should work, neither should cause these weird problems. Thanks.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Yes - you are right. I'm able to reproduce 1st issue with safari browser. I do not have Mac OS with me so I'm escalating this ticket to our next level support.

Please be patient, wait for a reply from them and they will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

This is due some cache mechanism used by Firefox and Safari, to solve this you could add the code below in JS section of the View:

jQuery(window).bind("pageshow", function(event) {
    if (event.originalEvent.persisted) {
        window.location.reload() 
    }
});

Whenever it loads a cache, the page will be reloaded.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my reply and any other questions you may have.

Regards,

Adriano Ferreira

Apologies for my delay getting back to you - it's been a crazy week.

That worked for the first issue I pointed out when I opened this thread (the one in the first paragraph). Thank you, that will work for the current site.

However, the second issue I noticed is still not solved, and is a bug with your system, as far as I can tell, and I might need to work in another part of the site. Here is that issue again:

"With 'show only available options...' chosen for a search, the multi selects in my search filter, in iOS, will close approximately a second and a half after they have been selected, making them unusable. You can see this (on an iPhone) here: hidden link"

Thank you.

Hello,

I’m Adriano, Toolset support lead and I have been escalated to this thread. I’ll give my best to help you to achieve your needs through Toolset components.

I've identified the problem, that happens because we do load the entire form once you change the items. I've forward it to Views development team and I'll notify you as soon as I hear anything back.

I apologize the delay here.

I see that there is a fix suggested internally, but I am not aware of it's consequences and I am querying with the Developers if I can provide it to you.

Please stand by for updates.

OK, I see the fix is only for the first issue (and Adriano already provided you that)

Now I am awaiting updates regarding issue #2.

Please await my updates.

The second issue will require major changes in the Toolset.

We are dealing with this in a future development phase, and therefore it could take a while to be implemented.

Currently there is not much more I can do here to solve this.

This case will be analized and eventually solved or changed by the DEV in a future release.

As this, we could close this ticket, as any eventual updates would notify you of a fix.
The issue is very explicitely delimited to iPhones, as it seems and specific Browsers.
We will deal with this, but right now we can not provide a solution.

I apologize this.

I ended up using the fix for the first issue, which is good enough for this project, but I would appreciate you eventually fixing the second, as it is a real bug with one of your options. Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.