Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Problems filtering after CPT slug changed

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Khurram Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Bildschirmfoto 2016-07-01 um 18.35.29.png

Hello Support,

I try to build a site using your real estate template and all worked perfect until I had the idea to change the naming and slugs of CPTypes "City" and "State". I need "Island" and "Location" but after changing the values the parametric search stopped working and instead of the fields for State > City I see a message for each of these two fields:

"State The ancestors argument does not end with a valid parent for the returned post types on this View."

and

"City The ancestors argument does not end with a valid parent for the returned post types on this View."

I already renamed the fields back to their original values but the problem remains the same.
The error message itself does not lead me to a possible solution I must say 😐
Can you tell me what I broke and how to fix it please.

The site is still on my local server so accessing the installation is not possible.

Thanks & regards
Gregor

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

In a case like this I would recommend that you remove the filters from your view by deleting them.

Once you have done this just re-add the filters to the view and this should allow your filters to work with the new slugs.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Hello Shane,

thanks, I found the root of the problem! Thanks for your help!

I just created a new search archive and facing same problem. I didn't touch any code.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.