Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Problem with saving required fields that are conditional and hidden.

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by marcB-6 Il y a 2 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications
Schermafbeelding 2021-12-10 om 10.08.30.png

Hi guys!
I have a problem in a project we're working on.

- A post type has a set of field groups.
- Some of the field groups are shown conditional based on a checkbox in one field (see screenshot).
- When a field group is hidden i get an error while saving the post (see screenshot), stating it is impossible to save because the field in that hidden field group is required.

Is this a bug? And is there a workaround?
Thanks,
Marc

ps. we already tried disabling all plugins and switching themes.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Our developers are aware of this issue and they have produced a fix for it. It is still waiting for the testing phase, and will be published soon. We do not have an ETA for it, but I am confident, it could be released very soon. I'll let you updated as soon as possible.

Hi Jamal,
Thanks for your answer. There is a similar error in repeatable field groups that have conditional fields in it.
Will the fix you mention also include a fix for that? Or do you want me to create a new issue for it?
Thanks!
Marc

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I checked the fix, and based on what I can understand from it, it will handle validation issues in general. I assume that it will fix the RFG fields validation too.

If you would like to reproduce the issue on a clean install, we may check if the fix resolves it too. In that case, I'd prefer to work on a separate ticket.

Thanks and i'll wait for the next update.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.