Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Problem creating a view containing a nested relationship view (one to many)

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to create a view of my custom post type "Resource" that contains a nested view of related resources for each post. (ie. my view will list all the resource posts and a nested view beside each post of its related child posts.) This uses a Types one-to-many relationship.

My view of related resources for the current post works great on a single post content template. However when I try to use this related posts view in another new view looping through all the resource posts I get a fatal error.

Am I doing something wrong? I thought we could nest a view like this.

(I'm using the new Blocks editor - all my Toolset plugins are up-to-date as of today). I'm developing this on a .local site

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Martin

It would be very helpful to know what the fatal error is. It should be possible to display related posts for each post output by a View, not just on single posts.

Apparently my relationship was not valid since Toolset currently does not support a self-relationship (custom post related to other custom posts of same type).

Unfortunately the FG Drupal to WordPress plugin supports this because Toolset used to support this relationship type in an earlier version of Types. I believe that self-relationships are on the list to implement for the Toolset technical team...

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.