Skip Navigation

[Résolu] How to add an Author Field to my Posts?

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
I created a Custom Post Type and added some posts.
But I cannot edit the Author of the posts, nor do I see the author.
How to fix that?

Solution:
Enable the "author" field in:
Toolset > Post Types > your_post_type > edit > Sections to display.
Check the "Author" checkbox and head back to your single Posts.
You can now edit and see the Authorship.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Ce sujet contient 1 réponse, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par rayG-2 Il y a 6 années et 2 mois.

Assisté par: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
Have a form that creates a custom post for user x. Post should be private
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
N/A
I expected to see:
User x, being able to see the post they created
Instead, I got:
User Y (site admin) being able to see the post, as it does not seem to be associated with user x

I am pretty sure I done something stupid with a setting...

When a post is private, only you can see it or if you have authorized someone else to view private content on your blog, they will be able to view it, too. Other viewers and WordPress users won't be able to see what you have written. This differs from password-protected content, where anyone who knows the correct password can gain access to your private blog posts.

If your WordPress blog or website has multiple editors or administrators, they will be able to see the private and password protected posts on the WordPress dashboard. Since they have editor or administrator privileges, they are also able to edit the content of the private posts or publish them publicly. Therefore, you might want to reconsider posting private content on a blog or site with more than one editor or administrator.

I assume that is the issue here, and I believe you are able to replicate this without Toolset.

If you want to control who can read, edit or manipulate your posts, I suggest Toolset Access:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/#access

To make sure a Post has an author, you need to (if it's a Custom Post Type) enable the "author" field in Toolset > Post Types > your_post_type > Sections to display.

If this information does not helpü solve the issue, please let me see this on the site, by sharing access and the steps I need to take, in order to see the problem (or to replicate it locally).

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance