Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post Type created by a non-Toolset plugin not available for creating Views

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 5 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am using FooGallery https://wordpress.org/plugins/foogallery/ on this in-development site. It works great but there is one limitation in its built-in settings, that I think I could be able to accomplish by creating a View for the custom post type "foogallery" created by the plugin. However, when I go to the Toolset Dashboard I see "Downloads", "Events" and "Locations" that are created by other third-party plugins I'm using, but I do not see "Galleries". And likewise, "Galleries" is not an option within Views. Is there something I can do within Toolset to make this post type available, or is this a question better asked of FooGallery support?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

When the post type is registered it needs to be public for Views to be able to work with it.

(See https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_post_type/.)

Some plugins, such as WooCommerce, have an API filter which lets you intercede when a post type is registered and change the options beforehand.

You could ask the plugin authors about the same.

If not the only solution would be to comment out the code which registers the CPT within the plugin and then use Types to register a post type with the same slug, but which is public. Obviously, I can't recommend that because your changes would be lost with any plugin updates, and it could have unexpected side effects.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.