Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Post Relationships in posts: 2 UX issues

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Stephen Vaughan Il y a 5 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Two things that are glaringly bad UX in the related post listings in related posts.

There are two options when you hover over an item in the related post listings meta box on a post, Disconnect and Trash. May I suggest that the Trash be removed as mostly I want to just disconnect a related post not delete it completely. Trashing an item like this should only be allowed from it's own post type listing. As it is the design is unforgiving.

I know that there is a warning dialogue instructing that the step cannot be undone but user error will always supersede what the developer intended, in my case this is often down to machine gun reactions to get a job done due to time restraints in my busy working day. On top of this, I don't use Toolset everyday. In fact I don't do development every day either as my other vocation is in the studio. Therefore, every time I come back to using a post with related posts and, on the occasional times I need to change the related post to another one, I may not always remember that trash means trash and I should have used the Disconnect button instead. This has happened to me too many times. I can't imagine the pickles less adept user get into with this.

Likewise relationships need a setting to exclude the Add new [related-post] button from that same metabox. I wan to be able to set things up for clients so that they have a limited preset number of parent/child options that they can only get to with the Connect existing [related-post] button. The add button is too dangerous, allowing less experienced/forgetful users to start adding duplicate instances of the same item, leading to categorised inventories and directories not making logical sense anymore.

Can I insist that you kind of have to get these things right.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - I will pass your suggestion to your Devs for assessment and if they think that your request is feasible enough and valid they will do the required changes.

Thank you for understanding.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.