Skip Navigation

[Résolu] post group access doesn’t work in non-default languages

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

This page is set to show a different layout for "guests" - showing the login screen.

it works only in english (the default language). when you switch to french or german, you can actually see the content of the page and the access control for the post group doesn't work anymore.

Solution:

I suggest you setup one same layout for all user role, in this layout display a visual editor cell, and use Access shortcode [types_access] to display different contents for different user role.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ido Angel Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

hey,

take a look here:

hidden link

this page is set to show a different layout for "guests" - showing the login screen.
it works only in english (the default language). when you switch to french or german, you can actually see the content of the page and the access control for the post group doesn't work anymore.

i tried changing the settings in wpml for layouts, type groups, type user groups and type term groups - used every setting possible, but still didn't work.

also tried to create a wpml group, but this doesn't allow me to control specific post groups.

what am i missing?
thx!
ido

Hello,

I suggest you setup one same layout for all user role, in this layout display a visual editor cell, and use Access shortcode [types_access] to display different contents for different user role, see our document:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-texts-inside-page-content/
Access Control for Contents Inside Page Content

Hey Luo,

But the issue isn't with user roles. It's with translations.
You think if I apply your solution it would work in all languages?

thx!
ido

Yes, it should be able to work in all languages.

You just need to display the login form for guest user, and display other contents for other user role, and translate this page into other languages,

Works!!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.