Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Pdf search with relevanssi premium

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 2 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have the pdf search working fine with default WP search. With Toolset custom search pdf's are not searched. They should according to this thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/combine-search-results-with-relevanssi/

Also this has been followed with the custom search configuration: https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/
The course lesson says: "Once you add a search filter that includes custom fields, the entire search operation is performed by the Relevanssi plugin, which means that Relevanssi is also responsible for providing the results order." For some reason this is not the case here.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

I think the simplest way to proceed would be if we could check your set up, and make a test search on your site to confirm what's happening, if that's okay.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Can you also confirm where the page where the Toolset search is available, and confirm a search term we can use which should return a result from inside a PDF (and which does work with the general WordPress search).

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I see the settings on your site and I found that you have added the PDF using PDF Embedder block. That is totally different thing.

Toolset integration with Relevanssi is when you use custom field to store the value and also few specific field types supported:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

However - where I can see the "sammakko" entry? is it post or PDF?

Hi Minesh, thank you. Ok, I understood from the course lesson that everything what Relevanssi indexes, gets in Toolset's results. "Sammakko" is a word that's in many pdf files. You can search "sammakko" with the default search above Toolset search and you get to see the results, the numerous pdf files.

Minesh
Supporter

How Toolset integration works with Relevanssi and what queries are fired when you use default search is different. We do not know how those PDF blocks are indexed. Maybe you can check with Relevanssi support about this as they better know how the posts are indexed while using PDF block.

We can not compare the Toolset custom field with the PDF block you are using. You will have to find a way for this. You may try to add a single line text field and add the PDF URL to and save the post and try to index the post again and add this custom field as mention in the following Doc to Relevanssi setting.
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 8.33.24.png

I created now a textifield which contains the pdf url. This doesn't help. The pdf contents are parsed to text in Media section. Attached you see an example. Perhaps I should ask Relevanssi creator this field's name and add it to Toolset's custom field search?

Minesh
Supporter

Then you will have to copy that content by adding another multiple text field and add that related PDF content to this field and then as per the doc you will have to add this multiline text field to Relevanssi settings and index it.

Hmm... that isn't what Waqar says in linked thread from 2023: "When Relevanssi and Toolset are being used together, the control of the view's text search field is fully under Relevanssi. This means that any features that are included in the Relevanssi (free and premium), they'll be naturally incorporated in the Toolset Views search too."

I want to say this aloud to other searchers, since this was the reason I bought Relevanssi: it works together with Toolset: what relevanssi indexes is found with toolset search. It is not so as we can see.

Minesh
Supporter

What Waqar says is true that we just pass the search control to "relevanssi" for the text search.

It seems they have different mechanism for searching the PDF files in WordPress and here is the Doc:
- hidden link

Better you can get in touch with the Relevanssi support and check with them regarding the same and confirm it this really possible to make PDF search working while using Toolset integration.

I got it to work by attaching the pdfs to the CPT.

katjaL confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-03-06 11:45:35.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.