Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Parametric Search is no Longer Showing All (Product) Results

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Beda Il y a 8 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Some of our episodes (conversations) no longer appears in searches despite it being there when you go to the URL:
hidden link
Search page:
hidden link
For example, try searching for "Primer" in the Title or Description, or for a Spanish episode. No results.

If you go to the product page
hidden link
you can see there are 15 episodes, but if you clear the search to show all results now it only shows 11.
I don't know if this was related to the recent plugin updates (please don't ask me to update again - every time we update there are new problems and we want to freeze updates to launch).

(Beda has login info by the way)

We want to launch the site now so please help asap.
Thanks!

Correct Result.png

The Search returns the Spanish Post perfectly well.

You have to set that you want to find Spanish posts, since this Post is a Spanish one.
(see screen shot with the correct result)

I am not sure about this Search, how you defined Languages and Content, but this works fine when you search for Spanish "primer"

Since this is obviously a Spanish Content, I expect this is how it is supposed to be returned also in the search?

Thank you

When you search for "Spanish" it returns nothing, or if you enter in "primer" in the description. This was working before. Users should not have to enter both terms (it's an "OR" search, plus as far as real use usability, they may not know title but are just looking for a language).
Also, the episode does not show up in the results when it is showing the result of all episodes (such as when first refreshing page or hitting Clear button) – as I stated in my question, all episodes are not showing – there should be 15.
Please address entire post and test before responding.
If you want a better example, try selecting a language, like Japanese, or English - it is returning all languages when it should be returning just that language (as it was before).

Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-04 um 16.48.42.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-04 um 16.28.48.png

I do not have insight in how this is all setup

I had to dig in your setup, see how you defined this meta data and how you are querying by.

WPML plugins are active on your site, and outdated - this can always also generate issues.

If I search by Text "primer" and do NOT change any other filters it will NOT return the Post, because the default Item in your Search (Select) is not empty, instead, it holds Afrikaans.

This is how you set the search up, and so far expected.

You must use the Parametric Search with this Value as default:

"Choose a [term]"
(see screenshot)

This is done when you insert the Parametric Search

I tested this on your site, implemented the changes for you and it is working as far I can see.

Now if you filter in the text area by "primer", you find the post (without choosing the language)
If you filter by spanish, you also find the post.

Please open a new ticket for any different issues.

Thank you

PS
You may close the ticket you opened with Luo, as this is handled here.

OK thank you for digging in deeper and finding some logic to it. I am puzzled why it seemed to work before, but what you are saying here makes sense and I was wondering before why it *did* seem to work when it had search terms default as a language.

In any case, I will update WPML and see if the missing 4 episodes show up in searches.

It looks like all the episodes are showing up. That's good.

I see you changed the short code from

[wpv-control field="language-transcript" url_param="wpv-language-transcript" type="select"]

To

[wpv-control field="language-transcript" url_param="language-transcript" type="select" auto_fill_default="Select one transcript language" auto_fill="wpcf-language-transcript" auto_fill_sort="asc"]

That's fine. I might want to change the first selection after "Select One Transcript Language" to be "English" - I assume the best way to do this is to simply remove auto_fill_sort="asc" ?

Regarding how the search works in general. Remind me if I am correct – we discussed this before but am wanting to understand simply and clearly: because of how the filters work (quoting you):
"When you set the Content Search to query Title and Body, this both will already be in a "AND" relation.
The query will now return results that match the search criteria in Title and/or in Body.

Then, if you add more filters, no matter what kind of those are, you can afterwards head to the Query Filter section you can only set AND/OR relations IN the same kind of filters."

In other words it’s “Title or Description” AND (“Language” OR “Translation Language” OR “Level”) - is that correct?

So I might make the instruction: "You can select a term for the description then narrow your search by ONE (only one) of the other criteria, or just start with one of the criteria (Language, Translation Language, or Level)"

Thank You!

I changed that ShortCode so you will see the Results properly.

See, if you set a language there, it will display Post in that language by default
If you want this, you need to edit this ShortCode with the GUI, not by manually editing it.

Hover over the wpv-control and set the cursor there.
Then, hit "edit filter".
In the PopUp GUI you will edit the Filter and save.

"When you set the Content Search to query Title and Body, this both will already be in a "AND" relation."

Yes, obviously, this is a single Search Filter and will return EITHER title content (if set so) or Title AND/OR body matching content if set so.

If you now add other Filters (taxonomy as example) and run a Search by BOTH, it will match results in the Text Search, AND in the taxonomy filter.
This is useful to narrow down your Search.
As example you have Title/Body "my content" but have this in many taxonomies.
Now you can (after searching title/body) narrow down to a taxonomy.

Do this informations help you to achieve your goal?

Thank you

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.