Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Order post by most viewed

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shreyas Khatri Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Order most viewed (popular) content by views 'Order by' tab

I visited this URL: hidden link

The 'Popular' section on the page has 6 tabs (categories). Each tab contains a View shortcode that shows 4 articles from the respective categories using shortcode attribute wpvcategory taxonomy filter. There are two more taxonomies filter. This is how they are configured:

Select posts with taxonomy:
Categories slug in one of those set by the View shortcode attribute wpvcategory
eg. [wpv-view name="view-name" wpvcategory="xxxx"]
AND
Cities slug in one of those set by the URL parameter wpvcity
eg. hidden link
AND
Age Groups slug in one of those set by the URL parameter wpvagegroup
eg. hidden link

I've two drop-downs on the top of the page to select a city and age-group, and the popular post views reflect those selection.

I've already gone through the following posts:
hidden link
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/most-popular-content-with-views/
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/order-by-pageviews/

WordPress Popular Post is already installed on the website. Based on my above requirements, I can not really use WPP widget.

However since WPP already has the data which I require, can you please guide how I can use that information to order the posts with Views?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you see field in order by drop-down that holds the value that is most popular post? If no, there is no other way you can order by it by most popular and it needs custom programming and which is out of the scope of our support policy.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Hi Minesh,

I have already written to couple of consultants today and hoping someone will get back.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Great!! - Yes they will reply you as soon as possible.

You may mark this ticket as resolved and please feel free to open a new ticket for your each new question.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.