Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Not show User Registration Form to pending users

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 12 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jaime Il y a 4 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have my User registration form and it works fine.

In my website I need to have the users "pending" after submit the registration form, and I activate them by admin.
Is there any option to show a message to those users while they are "pending activation" instead the form?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I looked at the documentation, but I didn't found any suggestion.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - there is no such feature exists to approve or deny users. WordPress has a "Pending" status for posts that require review before publishing, but it doesn't have any equivalent for users.

I checked the following plugin that should help you: https://wordpress.org/plugins/new-user-approve/

Once you create user using Toolset user form the user will be set to pending status and admin will receive email and once admin will approve the user the email notification will be sent to created user informing that his subscription is approved.

I Minesh and thanks for your answer.
Probably I didn't explain myself, sorry.

What you suggest to me (that plugin about new users) it's already working in my site. No need for plugin. (Actually, WP has a "Pending" status for users as far as I know).

What I was asking about is if there is a way to show a message (and not the user registration form) to those users which are "pending approval".

I write you the roadmap I have now.
1) A new user register in my site using the "user registration form".
2) This user is set as a role called "Producer" and the status is "pending approval"
3) Admin approve this user and then the user has a role "Producer" but it's finally "Active" and a mail is sent.

· The problem I found is between step 2) and 3) because, while I approve this user it could reach again step 1 (because is pending approval) and the form didn't limit the access again to the "user registration form". Actually, when the user is "active" (I mean, step 3) there is no problem because the user is not be able to reach step 1) (Just because Access plugin limit it).

So. What I would like to reach is this roadmap.
1) A new user register in my site using the "user registration form".
2) This user is set as a role called "Producer" and the status is "pending approval"
-> 2b) If the user go back to step 1 a message appears with something like "Your user is pending to approval"
3) Admin approve this user and then the user has a role "Producer" but it's finally "Active" and a mail is sent.

Is there any way to reach that?
Thanks Minesh.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

-> 2b) If the user go back to step 1 a message appears with something like "Your user is pending to approval"
==> Well - how user will go back to step 1? by clicking on any link, button or by accessing browser address bar?

if user will access the registration form available at step 1 by any method (cllicking on link button or address bar) there is no way to identify user as user is not logged-in. And Toolset do not have such feature.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.