Skip Navigation

[Résolu] my theme has custom fields for post content but i cannot add these to CRED form

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Pacific/Midway (GMT-11:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by pouyaR Il y a 8 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Tom.

Auteur
Publications
post-fields.png
cred-form.png
cred-fields.png

Hi there

I have just purchased a WordPress theme from themeforest.net and installed my Toolset plugins on the site. The default POST content type has a few extra custom fields built in to it at the theme level. I have created a frontend CRED form to allow users to post their own blog posts. I have added to the CRED form the standard Title, Body, Image [etc] fields and i also want to add a couple of the custom fields too.

However, this doesnt seem to work. Adding the fields to the form does not show up! Please see attached images.

Can you tell me if this is a bug or if i need to take an extra step?

Many thanks

Tom
CRED Post Form.png

Thanks for contacting us!

Views Types Fields are

1. to display only
2. all fields from Types Plugin + Views Shortcodes
3. Other Post fields, under the appropriate button (non types post fields)

The best way to achieve what you want is as follows:

1. CRED -> Custom fields
2. Add Post fields in CRED Form (see screenshot)
3. Choose desired location in editor where you want custom fields appear
4. Click on post fields and choose desired fields

You may follow this documentation which explains it in detail: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

Please make sure you use the AUTO GENERATE CRED with the proper button and only THEN add other fields (see screenshot).

Find more information here:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/letting-cred-edit-custom-fields-created-by-other-plugins/

Does this help?

great thank u so much

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.