Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Make "Shop manager" role edit user custom fields created by Toolset

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 réponse, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jamal Il y a 2 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I need to let Shop managers edit some user custom fields for other users.

If I change role for the user to Administrator I then see effectively the fields.

Also enabling through Toolset Access all the capabilities for this role nothing happens.

There is any custom capability to enable that manages the possibility of editing own and others user custom meta fields?
Thanks

Carlo

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Français (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

I tested this on a clean install and I could not reproduce the issue. After adding the "edit_users" and "create_users" permissions to the Shop Manager role, the shop managers become able to create and edit users. They are also able to edit the Toolset user fields.

You can log into my test site, as an administrator, with the following URL hidden link

And you can test using one of the shop managers:
- manager / manager@123
- manager2 / manager@123

This being said, I suspect that you did not enable the user fields for all the roles that you want to target.

If this does not help, please allow me temporary access to your website to check this closely. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.