Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Loop with different numbers of items

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
how to display posts using views group by custom titles with different numbers of items

Solution:
You should create view's par section and use view's "Limit and Offset" section to limit the number of posts and skip the number of posts.

You can find proposed solution, in this case, with the following reply
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/loop-with-different-numbers-of-items/#post-852320

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by hugoC-3 Il y a 5 années et 11 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to set up a category menu with Views as follows:
Section 1 title
- item 1
- item 2
- item 3
- item 4
Section 2 title
- item 5
- item 6
Section 3 title
- etc.

I studied the documentation on setting up loops (wrap, pad, index).
My problem here is that every section has a different number of items. How can I handle this situation?

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - could you please let me know how the "Section" is configured with your setup. Is it setup as taxonomy? so "Section 1 title" will be taxonomy term.

Do you want to group your posts by taxonomy term?

"Section" is not a taxonomy, as I see it ; it's just a title.

[wpv-item index=1]
<h4>Section tiltle 1</h4>
[wpv-post-link]
etc.
[wpv-item index=5]
<h4>Section tiltle 2</h4>
[wpv-post-link]
etc.

I guess I could give each indiviual item an index, but there may be an esasier way.

It could be that a taxonomy if that is easier.

Minesh
Supporter

So - you want to just give custom title and list post? Is there any condition based on which you want to give section title?

When you use index attribute with [wpv-item] shortcode - the section will be displayed for currently displayed index only.

There is no specific condition so far.
I just want to group a number of posts, say Section 1 = the first 4 posts, Section 2 = the next 5 posts, Section 3 = the following 3 posts etc. I would like to group the posts based on their content.

Minesh
Supporter

If there is no condition - then better you should create view's par section and use view's "Limit and Offset" section to limit the number of posts and skip the number of posts.

For example:

<h4>Section tiltle 1</h4>
[wpv-view name="view-1"]   // set limit to 5

<h4>Section tiltle 2</h4>
[wpv-view name="view-2"]   // set limit to 5 and skip 5

<h4>Section tiltle 3</h4>
[wpv-view name="view-3"]   // set limit to 5 and skip 10

Good suggestion, thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.