Skip Navigation

[Fermé] List of products in same taxonomy with custom post

This support ticket is created Il y a 1 an et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 1 an et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I have WooCommerce products with custom taxonomy ”tax-productname”.

I also have a custom post called ”patterns” and it has a taxonomy ”tax-patterncategory” plus the mentioned taxonomy ”tax-productname”.

Now I have a list of patterns in product page, that works ok (filtered by tax-productname). My problem: I want to create a list of products which are triggered by the ”tax-patterncategory” link and they should have the same ”tax-productname” as the triggering pattern. So kind of archive view of patterns, but not show patterns but products which have the same taxonomy as the pattern.

I hope you get this, very hard to explain 😀

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Katja,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If I understand correctly you want to filter your CPT by the the current product's "tax-productname", however the "tax-productname" shares the same taxonomy term names as the "tax-patterncategory" that is assigned to the pattern CPT?

Are you currently listing out the pattern CPT using the classic views setup ?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

Thank you Shane, I'm not sure if you got it right. I must say this is hard for me to wrap around my head. I try to clear.

- (C)PT product -> attached to CT tax-productname
- CPT pattern -> attached to CT's tax-productname and tax-patterncategory

In product content template I show all patterns that are attached to this product in question (list based on tax-productname). With the product name and image I show the tax-patterncategory and when clicking this tax-patterncategory I want to show all products which have patterns which are attached to this tax-patterncategory.

It would be easy if I attached the tax-patterncategory straight to product, but there are so many products that this would be very non-efficient. I would like to "group" the attachement with this tax-productname.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Katja,

Perhaps if you give me an example it would be better understood.

For e.g if you have Product A then these are the posts I want to list under it A B C D
Product A
- Post 1
- Post 2

Product B
- Post 3
- Post 4

If you provide me with admin access to the site as well as a link to a product and the posts that you want to show that would be related then perhaps we can work through a solution to resolve this.

Thanks,
Shane

Le sujet ‘[Fermé] List of products in same taxonomy with custom post’ est fermé à de nouvelles réponses.