Skip Navigation

[Résolu] jQuery Errors after Update to WP 5.5

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Darryl Il y a 3 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Create a post with an image

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: a working post editor.

Instead, I got: could not change to visual mode, could not add images. Super messed up.

Support post I found: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/classic-editor-not-working-after-last-update/

As suggested in this thread, I installed Enable jQuery Migrate Helper located here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/enable-jquery-migrate-helper/
Which then after a cache clear and hard refresh of the page threw up the errors in the first linked image.
jQuery Migrate Helper — Warnings encountered
This page generated the following warnings:

hidden link: 'ready' event is deprecated
hidden link: jQuery.browser is deprecated
hidden link): jQuery.fn.load() is deprecated
Please make sure you are using the latest version of all of your plugins, and your theme. If you are, you may want to ask the developers of the code mentioned in the warnings for an update.

I checked for updates from the Commercial plugin page and it looks like I'm running the latest versions of all Toolset plugins (and all other plugins too).
hidden link

With the jQuery Migrate Helper plugin installed, I'm able to function now but still getting the error notifications.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Darryl

I'm trying to reproduce the problem on my own WP5.5 site, but don't know where to start.

I understand the problem—5.5 is beginning a process of updating the version of jQuery which ships with WP core, and has an updated migration process as plugins and themes update JS files as required—but I don't know what you are doing that is triggering the problem.

Can you please provide steps to reproduce, being sure to mention the environment you are working in, e.g. using the Block editor or classic Views etc.

I'm not using the block editor but before I installed the jQuery Migrate Helper plugin I enabled it to see if the problem was the classic editor but had the same issues.
I ran through a bunch of backend stuff and made an exciting video 🙂
hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Thanks for that, I re-tested with the helper plugin active and was able to see the notices.

We've added an erratum about the issue here: https://toolset.com/errata/jquery-deprecation-notices-with-wp-5-5/

It isn't affecting functionality, and we'll handle the issues in the next plugin releases.

With Enable jQuery Migrate Helper, functionality is ok but It's also effecting performance. Page loads take twice as long at best and occasionally time out.

Could you tell me when the next plugin release will be so I at least have something to tell the angry construction workers?

Nigel
Supporter

That's surprising, the helper plugin basically re-instates the jQuery migration script that was present up to WordPress 5.4 but dropped in WordPress 5.5, so page load speeds to the extent that they are affected should go back to pre-5.5 levels.

Anyway, we should be releasing hotfixes for Types, Views and Forms later today which will resolve the issues responsible for those deprecation notices (it includes updates to common code that should cover the plugins which are not updated).

Please check again after the updates and if you still see problems, let me know.

The slowdown came at the same time as the 5.5 update. To be honest, I don't know what's involved in the jQuery helper ditty so it *could* have been due to solar flares for all I know 🙂 I was guessing.

Nigel
Supporter

Those hotfixes are now available, which also resolve a PHP notice which appeared with WordPress 5.5.

Can you let me know if you still see any notices after updating? Thanks.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
And I swear that without the jQuery helper plugin the site is faster......

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.