Skip Navigation

[Résolu] I have a Post form with email notification enable but can't send email

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by kelvinL-2 Il y a 2 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications
Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 8.23.19 PM.png

Dear Sir/Madam,

I refer to https://toolset.com/forums/topic/no-email-notification-after-submitting-the-cred-form/, I tried to add the suggested script but not work, I still cannot receive any email. Is it because my site is still under development? I installed the WP Mail SMTP and test the email without problem. I can receive testing email via the CRED. Could you please help to instruct how I can do the debug?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

In your email log, I see an email entry from the form "Online Booking", without any error.
( screenshot: hidden link )

This suggests that Toolset Form is not having any difficulty in generating the email for the notification.

Have you checked the spam folder for an email address that you used for this test?

And have you tested the same form notification with a different email address?

In case, the issue still persists, please share the exact steps and the link to the form page, that you've used for testing. I'll be in a better position to suggest the next steps accordingly.

Note: I'm setting your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

While I can see the issue with the form notification on your website, I couldn't reproduce this on my test website with a similar form and settings.

This suggests that something specific to your website/server is involved.

Can you please temporarily turn on WordPress debugging and see if any error or warning is recorded in the server's error log, when the form is submitted?
( ref: https://wordpress.org/support/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ )

Please share if you see any recent errors or warnings in the logs.

Dear Waqar,

As mentioned, there is no error from the debug and the site is now moved to production server, could you turn on the private message, so that I can grant you the access to the new server?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Dear Waqar,

I found the issue, I changed the Notification e-mail trigger from When post status changes to Publish to When submitting the form, I can receive the email. I set the Set this post status: to Publish, is it the reason it is not be considered as a notification trigger?

Best regards,

Kelvin.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and yes, that explains it.

On my test website, I was testing the notification with the "When submitting the form" option selected too. I apologize that I missed that on your website, it was set to "When post status changes to".

When the status for the "When post status changes to", is the same "Published" status that the post is created with, then the trigger for the post status change doesn't fire, and no notification is sent.

In this case, it makes sense to use the option "When submitting the form".

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.