Skip Navigation

[Résolu] I cannot update views (2.4.1 to 2.5.1) PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT error

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
The issue here is that this customer was unable to update his Views plugin and was getting the error. Unpacking the update…
An error occurred while updating Toolset Views: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Solution:
Sometimes automatic updates fail for various reasons which is why we also offer our plugins as a physical download. To do this you can download the plugin from the link below.

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Then you can extract the contents and upload it to your website using FTP by navigating to the wp-content folder and placing the files inside the plugins folder

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Charles-Antoine Il y a 6 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to:
update views
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I get this error
Updating Plugin Toolset Views (1/1)
Downloading update from hidden link
Unpacking the update…
An error occurred while updating Toolset Views: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I tried to unregister and re register the site several times....

Please note that I previously changed the url from hidden link to hidden link

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charles,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

What I would recommend that you do is to perform a manual update of the plugin by downloading it from our website by going here

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Then just extract the files and upload it to your server using ftp in the wp-content/plugins folder.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok I did it and it seems to have solved the issue.

For anyone reading this, uploading views via FTP is VERY LONG.... and while your doing it, your website may crash.
So I suggest to upload it in a directory with a name like views-new
Once the upload is done, rename the directories you need to, to minimize the downtime.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.