Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Hyper link not working

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 10 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Il y a 7 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Christian.

Auteur
Publications
advertisers category.png
Advertiser List no search View.png

I am trying to: Link from a view result to another view result.

I visited this URL: hidden link

On the above link there are three categories. The result are because of a view called "Advertiser Category" Image "advertisers category".

When you click on this one of these categories i must open the view "Advertiser List no search View" id 143

The categories are a taxonomy of the Cpt "advertisers".

So the result i am looking for is that when a category are selected all the advertisers that are linked to that cpt taxonomy slug "advertiser-category" should be displayed.

this is the <a> i am using and i am getting page 404 error.

<a href="[wpv-post-url id='143']?wpvadvertisercategory=[wpv-taxonomy-slug]"><h3>[wpv-taxonomy-description]</h3></a>

Any guidance as to where I messing up.

Is there anywhere a reference document that may hep me with this type if problem in the future? My php is extremely sketchy so I would appreciate some documentation on this matter is available.

The intended result is hope to finf would look something like this.

hidden link

Christian
Supporter

HI Andre!

you cannot directly link to a View (you can but it ends in a 404 error). What you have todo is to create a page where you add this to the editor:

[wpv-view id="143"]

After that use the page id in your link:

<a href="[wpv-post-url id='page-id-with-view-143']?wpvadvertisercategory=[wpv-taxonomy-slug]"><h3>[wpv-taxonomy-description]</h3></a>

If everything else is setup correctly it should now work as expected. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Christian

Hi Christian,

That did the trick. ps is there any documentation that can assist with the hyperlinking. it is something that is giving me a lot of trouble.

Christian
Supporter

Hi Andre,

thanks for your feedback. This should be what you're looking for, especially point 4:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/

Have a nice day,
Christian

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.