Skip Navigation

[Résolu] How to integrate MixItUp (similar to isotope)

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Alan Il y a 8 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I would like to integrate MixItUp (similar to isotope) to add some nice filtering effects to some views.

I'm trying to follow the instructions on the MixItup site, hidden link , but I'm not sure how to integrate it into a View.

I have a test site with a custom post type and an example view already set up.
Would someone be able to look at how to integrate MixItUp into the view please?
There is some example code on this page: hidden link

Ideally I'd like to know how to filter using MixItUp, on various parameters within the Custom Fields, and by post category.

Happy to send log in details etc
Kind regards
Alan

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

We usually do not support integration or assistance for Custom or 3rd Party Code and plugins libraries.

It seems -unfortunately- that for now you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

But looking at the hidden link it is a Filtering and Sorting plugin, not a parametric search plugin.

To use it you would need to wrap your content in HMTL ID's:
"Your container should have a unique ID that MixItUp will use to reference it"

Of course you would need to get and download + enqueue the JS from here previously:
hidden link

Also, worth to notice is, Views will in future implement a front End SOTR by function, which is currently under development.

Please let me know if you need further infos about this.

Thank you for your patience.

Apologies, I've seen other threads where people have had detailed assistance to get isotope up and running and to my mind, this was a very similar request.

I'm not sure what your acronym SOTR means (I guess it's not Somewhere Over The Rainbow? ;-), but that sounds like good news.

So there will be something like this built into Views before too long?

Unfortunately I could not find any Tickets where we provide Custom Code like this.

We do help with support code in a limited way, when we are dealing with Toolset API and some ground is already built, and the "working" code is conflicting with Toolset as example, or CRED API help is needed.

Integrating a JS Plugin would need me to test this from scratch and provide you a full workflow on how to proceed, which I can not do like this. I will be happy to help you on Toolset related Code and eventual snippets or usage in Toolset.

I outlined in my previous post how it will needed to be used, but I can not support the integration of this 3rd Party plugin.
I am sure it will work as any other JS, and needs to be used with the mentioned HTML adjustments after enqueueing it the WordPress way.
https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/wp_enqueue_script

I apologize deeply this restriction of our support to our Toolset Plugins and related Code.

The feature to Sort By ( apologize my spelling error above 🙁 ) in the Front end as a Parametric Filter is under development, they will generate select dropdowns with the provided options to sort a View.

When exactly our developers will add a new feature or not is not up-to us Supporters to determine.

Each issue reported in, whether a bug or a new feature request, is taken seriously into consideration.

It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors.
Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

I apologize any inconvenience this may cause, and can confirm that the feature is under development.
Internally it's filed for View 1.12, but this might change during development.

Please let me know if you need further infos about this.
and do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Beda,

Many thanks for your kind reply. Please don't apologise - I fully appreciate that my question was outside the scope of the support available here and the reasons why.

The other thread I was referring to was this one:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-to-create-front-end-ajax-filtering-with-buttons-or-links/

I have just tried to follow Waqas's excellent post in a clean test site. My test page with the View shows the buttons, and the two test posts that I created in two different test categories (Cat1 and Cat2), but I'm not seeing the isotope filtering behaviour when I click the buttons.

I'm sure there is probably a simple reason why it is not working.

As I've set this up, are you able to take a quick look and tell me where I've gone wrong?

Many thanks
Alan

It's ok, I've managed to get the basic functionality working by switching to the Twenty Fifteen theme (for some reason it wasn't working in Twenty Fourteen..)

thanks
Alan

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.