Skip Navigation

[Résolu] How to activate address on the map from search results

This support ticket is created Il y a 9 mois et 1 semaine. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 9 mois et 1 semaine.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Creating a map with office locations

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not sure

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Would love to have a link / button on search results, bellow map, when you click on that link / button that corresponding office is active on the map. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

You can add the "Focus on marker" as either button or link.

Edit your view and with the "Fields and Views" button available with your view's "Loop Editor" section, click on "Fields and Views" button and you should search for "Focus on marker" and then you should make sure to provide correct map ID and replace the marker number digit with dynamic post ID.

For example:
- When you add the focus on marker as link, it should be displayed as given under:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-map-2-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="map-2" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">view on map</a>

Where:
- with above example the map id is "map-2".

More info:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/maps/maps-shortcodes/#map-focus-on-marker

Hi Minesh, thanks so much for you quick response. Here is what I did:

Map code
[wpv-map-render map_id="officeMap" cluster='off' spiderfy='on' cluster_grid_size="50" map_height="640px" map_type_control="off"][/wpv-map-render]

Marker
[wpv-map-marker map_id='officeMap' marker_id='officeMarker' marker_title='[wpv-post-title]' marker_field='wpcf-office-address']<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[types field='office-page-title-image' title='[wpv-post-title]' alt='[wpv-post-title]' align='center' size='thumbnail' resize='proportional' class='' style=''][/types][wpv-post-title]</a><br/><a href="[wpv-post-url]">View Office</a>[/wpv-map-marker]

Focus on marker
<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-officeMap-marker-marker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="officeMap" data-marker="marker-[wpv-post-id]">view on map</a>

The page with map
hidden link

It is not working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please send me admin access details and let me check whats going wrong with your setup.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

The marker ID should be unique. With map marker shortcode I've changed the attribute as: marker_id='officeMarker-[wpv-post-id]'

[wpv-map-marker map_id='officeMap' marker_id='officeMarker-[wpv-post-id]' marker_title='[wpv-post-title]' marker_field='wpcf-office-address']<a href="[wpv-post-url]">[types field='office-page-title-image' title='[wpv-post-title]' alt='[wpv-post-title]' align='center' size='thumbnail' resize='proportional' class='' style=''][/types][wpv-post-title]</a><br/><a href="[wpv-post-url]">View Office</a>[/wpv-map-marker]

Then I've also adjusted the focus on marker link as given under:

<a href="#" class="js-wpv-addon-maps-focus-map js-toolset-maps-open-infowindow-map-officeMap-marker-officeMarker-[wpv-post-id]" data-map="officeMap" data-marker="officeMarker-[wpv-post-id]">View on Map (<i class="fa-solid fa-map-pin"></i>)</a>

Can you please confirm it's working as expected now: hidden link

Awesome Minesh, it is working.

One additional question, after hitting the view on map icon, is it possible to scroll up to the map?

Thanks in advance
Sasa

Minesh
Supporter

You can bind the click event with your focus on marker link and when user click on that you should use custom jQuery code to scroll to top.

Following link may help you:
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14536800/how-to-scroll-up-with-jquery
- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2275274/jquery-scroll-to-top-of-page

Glad to know that solution I shred help you to resolve your issue.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.