Skip Navigation

[Résolu] How flexible is Events Calendar Pro with Toolset?

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Marqué : 

Ce sujet contient 2 réponses, a 2 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par russellH-3 Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Develop a new layout for a client's site that already uses Toolset. I want to integrate events from the Events Calendar Pro (lien caché) plugin but I've not used it before so I don't know how much I can use elements of it in a Toolset View. Specifically, I want to create a landing page for events in Toolset. Then I would pull in 3 things from Events Calendar:
- feature image
- title
- description

… and those can then link off to other page formats that I know Events Calendar does easily provide.

I had considered not using Events Calendar but just create a custom post type called Events, but my client wants the calendar overview (seen on page 2 of my mockup mentioned below), which does come as part of that plugin.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
No. I'm mostly looking at their site and yours to see what's possible. I realize this could be a question more for them, but I thought you might have experience with integrating this plugin with Toolset.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I've done a quick wireframe of what I'm looking to achieve. I've put notes in there about what I had in mind. lien caché

Is this possible?

What is the link to your site?

Nigel
Supporter

Les langues: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Fuseau horaire: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

We do have clients that use The Events Calendar and Toolset together happily.

The Events Calendar makes an event post type and adds custom fields and taxonomies, all things that Toolset is comfortable handling if you want to create a View of events and output its fields and assigned taxonomy terms.

We don't have a specific guide about issues arising between the two, but I recall issues where the Events Calendar hijacks queries that involve its event post type to, e.g., only show upcoming and not past events. I don't know if that is still the case, but if it were you may need to add a little custom PHP to intervene.

Also, it may be that the Events Calendar stores dates in a way that Toolset Views isn't set up to handle when it comes to filtering, but again this is something that can be overcome readily enough with some simple code snippets.

I think you should be able to proceed on the basis that things will work, and then you can raise specific issues stopping you as and when you find any.

Hey Nigel:

Thanks for the reply. It sounds like I can go ahead and you all have dealt with some of this before. I'll come back to you if I hit any snags. I appreciate how helpful Toolset is!

Have a good weekend.

Kind regards, Russell

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance