Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Hierarchical Taxonomy Showing through WP Archives

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by ivanJ Il y a 5 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

Please take a look at this video below and it will be clear to you what I need to accomplish:
hidden link

So this is the hierarchy:
PARENT (click on parent leads to child category)
- CHILD (click on child category leads to grandchild category OR to products if there is NO grandchild category)
- GRANDCHILD (click on that category surely leads to products listing)

I hope this clears my intentions 🙂

Best,
Ivan

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ivan

I've answered a similar request before and provided the solution here: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/the-flow/#post-1126209

Note that once you navigate to the sub-categories you include the navigation to the next level at the top but also include the results for the current selection below.

If I recall correctly, it becomes complicated to only show the navigation and not the results until the final selection is made if you have a situation where some categories may only have child categories but not grandchild categories.

Could you read through that reply and see if you understand it and if it would work for your situation?

Hello Nigel,

Actually I've come up with my own solution 🙂

This is what I did, it's pretty simple. I've used Taxonomy based view (show only subcategories of that parent category where view is shown) and Products View (show products from that category). It was pretty simple.

But now I have another problem. Please watch my video I posted below:
hidden link

Best,
Ivan

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Ivan

I split that question into its own thread to deal with the potential compatibility issue there, I think this issue is resolved?

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.