Skip Navigation

[Résolu] hideempty=true not working when taxonomy connected to two post type

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 16 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Minesh Il y a 2 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

Hi Suppor team,

In my website i have two post type and one taxonomy which is connected to two post type now i am using taxonomy search filter but it showing taxonomy if no post type connected to that perticular taxonomy

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Do you mean you have created a taxonomy "xyz" that is assigned to multiple post types, lets say post type "A" and post type "B".

Do you mean that when you add a taxonomy filter to your view, it only displays the terms that is attached to both post type "A" and "B"?

Hi Minesh,

Thanks for reply.

I have two post type called "A" and "B" and i have one taxonomy called "C" and the Taxonomy "C" is register with post type "A" and post type. "B". but i need to create one view for post type "A" and create one search filter of Taxonomy "C". with count and if count is 0 for post type "A" then hide that Perticular taxonomy from search filter.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

If you visit the taxonomy listing page - wordPress will show the total count irrespective of the post type. It will show total count of post type ""A" and Post type "B".

I think we can workaround it by adding a filter but if you can tell me what view you created with taxonomy filter and where you added that view - please share problem URL and admin access details and I will see if I can share any workaround.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

I created one archive for post type job and i created one search filter for taxonomy and code which i add from toolset is below

[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="vakgebieden-category" type="checkbox" format="%%NAME%% <span>%%COUNT%%</span>" url_param="wpv-vakgebieden-category" hide_empty="true"]

But still empty taxonomy showing in search filter list of taxonomy.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Sorry - do you want to hide/delete the empty term or you want to display the terms having no posts assigned?

I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Hi Minesh,

I want to hide the empty terms please tell me any suggestion.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

It seems its due to the taxonomy is attach to multiple post types.

Can you please share problem URL where you want to hide the empty terms?

Minesh
Supporter

I see on the archive page you shared: hidden link

There is no empty term displayed, I see count with every term. Can you please tell me with what specific term you are having issue with?

Hi Minesh,

Some caching issue now it solve you can see one tax name is "Marketing & communicatie". have count 0 but still showing.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please tell me how can I remove the cache as even I add some hook it tooks a while to have a effect and after that there is no effect on archive page.

Can you please for a moment disable the cache so I can check if I can share any workaround.

Hi Minesh,

What you change in site my site is broken job detail showing blank i have template already.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

I've disabled all the code I've added to "Custom Code" section offered by Toolset.

Hi Minesh,

Still issue not solved can you please tell me how can i hide empty terms.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please confirm you disable all kind of caching as it will help me to run a test quickly.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.