Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Hide « Use my location » in custom distance search filter

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

Hide the use my location filter .

Solution:

This can be done by using the css below

.js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location{
display: none !important;
}
This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 11 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 7 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by DavidW2160 Il y a 4 années et 10 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
toolset 3.png
Toolset 2.png
Toolset 1.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? I simply need to hide the "Use my location" option, which doesn't work in Safari anyway, on the custom search filter. The first uploaded image (toolset 1) shows that distance center isn't set using user location.

The distance filter looks like this:
[wpv-control-distance default_distance="20" default_unit="mi" distance_center_required="yes" compare_field="office-address" distance_center_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_center" distance_radius_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_radius" distance_unit_url_param="toolset_maps_distance_unit"]
<div class="form-group">

The form itself looks like the second uploaded image (toolset 2). The selection isn't functional in Safari, but IS function in Google Chrome.

[ NOTE: Although the site selection above says "hidden link", the actual site is "hidden link" and the toolset site was updated after I began this ticket, and I reset the key accordingly. ]

I've set the css for this button to "display: none", but that isn't working. As I said, the button is non-functional in Mac Safari. I can't hide it and I can't click on it. (pop ups allowed for this site). In Google Chrome, the popup functions, but I don't want it. Here's the CSS that isn't overriding the display CSS in the actual form as displayed:

.js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location {
display: none;
}

Here's the element inspected by Chrome:
<input type="button" class="btn js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location" value=" Use my location" style="font: 14px/1 FontAwesome; display: inline-block;">

See uploaded image "toolset 3" for the Safari display. I've tried overriding both .js... and input.js... In both cases, "display: none" is crossed out, so for some reason not applicable:

input.js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location {
}
.js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location {
}

What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting somewhere that I've overlooked?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi David,

Could you send me a link to the page so that I can assist with this ?

Thanks,
Shane

URL is hidden link
The site is .htaccess protected. If you make this conversation private, I will send you credentials.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

Here are the private fields.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Private fields.

Your website is acting up (pages not resolving). I don't know if this reply is private or publics == I don't get the usual site/admin/password prompt. Please let me know when this is fixed.

Shane
Supporter

Hi David,

You should be able to hide this with some css.

Try it like this

.js-toolset-maps-distance-current-location{
display: none !important;
}

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.