Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Hide/Show content based on conditional, but limit the number of displayed posts

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:

limit the number of posts created by a user containing the option 'On' to 3.

Solution:

It is possible with a post view + a post form, for example:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/hide-show-content-based-on-conditional-but-limit-the-number-of-displayed-posts/#post-1787327

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jaime Il y a 3 années et 6 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications
1294823-screenshot_.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have users publishing posts. I would like to offer them the option to Show or Hide those posts and I thought it would be a good way to do it inserting a Switch button on their posts and displaying those posts conditionally the using the [wpv-conditional] shortcode.

To do this, I would insert a field on posts with two options ( On / Off ) and I'll output conditionally those posts marked with 'On'.
So far, I think I got it.

But, my question is:
I want to limit the number of displaying posts to three (no more, but maybe less).
So, there is a way to limit the number of posts with the 'On' option selected to three?

I'm no t sure if this is possible.
This is not an urgent question for me, if there are other users with urgent questions, please feel free to provide help them first.

Hello,

I think it is possible, for example, you can try these:
1) Create a custom radio field "Show or Hide", with two options:
- On
- Off
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-custom-fields/

2) Create a post view:
- Query posts of your custom post type
- Filter by "Show or Hide" field is On
- Display only 3 items
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-view/

I Luo. Thanks for your answer.
That's exactly what I'm doing right now.

But in this case, user can have 4 posts with the 'On' option selected, despite only 3 posts will be displayed. That's what I'm trying to avoid, because it seems strange to me to have 4 options in 'On', but only 3 of them displayed.

So, what I'm looking for is more like: limit the number of posts created by a user containing the option 'On' to 3.

Probably it's not a common situation and it's not possible so easy.
Please, Luo, if this is a difficult issue for you, let me know.
Still it's not urgent for me.

Thanks again!

It is possible with a post view + a post form, for example, your can try these:

1) Create a post form for creating new custom post

2) Create a post view:
- Query posts of your custom post type
- Filter by:
"Show or Hide" field is On
Post author is same as current logged-in user
- Display only 3 items

In section "Loop Editor", you can get total post counts with shortcode [wpv-found-count]:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-found-count

Use above shortcode in [wpv-conditional] shortcode to check if [wpv-found-count] is lower than 3, then display the form shortcode of step 1)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.