Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Group users into Teams with Toolset

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Aucun de nos assistants n'est disponible aujourd'hui sur le forum Jeu d'outils. Veuillez créer un ticket, et nous nous le traiterons dès notre prochaine connexion. Merci de votre compréhension.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Ce sujet contient 3 réponses, a 3 voix.

Dernière mise à jour par Adrian Alvarez Il y a 8 années et 3 mois.

Assisté par: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

Is there a way to create groups of users into 'teams' using toolset?

I would imagine creating a custom post type 'Team' and then having the ability to add users into a custom field. Is this possible?

If not possible with Toolset, do you have any suggestions on how I would achieve this?

Well, it depends a little bit how you want the data organized, and what you want to do after with it.

I will elaborate shortly on a possibility with a mix of CPT's (Custom Post Types) and WordPress default users.

1. Create your WP users
2. Create a Custom Post Type "Members"
3. Create a Taxonomy "Role" or "Team"

Now you have to populate the CPT "Members" with your user's details
It's acting like a Duplicate of the User.

You can now categorize your Members into Teams or Roles and display the CPT with a View, which allows you to have whatever sort of list or parametric Search of those.

Another approach is creating User Roles (Custom Roles) with Access and then assigned those to your WP users.

The problem is, User Views are not so extended as CPT Views and displaying Users as example doesn't allow you to create Parametric Searches through them.

Again another approach is as example a CPT "Team" and a Taxonomy or Custom Field which holds as example the User ID or Login name

You can then save your Teams CPT and add the proper user's to it.

It very much depends on what you want to achieve with the data after wards.

As a Plugin suggestion you could try these:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/team-members

But I can not guarantee those will help you archive your goal, of which I know little by now.

If you can elaborate on it, your goal and requirements, we can try to find a Toolset Only solution, or perhaps I can suggest a more specific Plugin.

Thank you

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. I'll go through it, do a few tests with CPT's and get back to you if I need further help.

I think I just needed someone to give a few suggestions on how it could be done, and you've done just that 🙂

thanks again.

I too would like to group users through toolset. My goal is I want a Project CPT with not just the author having access but a team of users (maybe even have a child CPT called Team if that would work). I was thinking that when the Project was created, an Access Control "Post Group" would be created simultaneously and the specific users could be added to the team by the user creating the CPT. My questions are 1) is this possible without having to add customized code 2) and can this be done via CRED forms or other means via the frontend? Even if it's not completely possible, is the ability to create a "post group" from the frontend? Thanks.

Ce ticket est maintenant fermé. Si vous êtes un client de Toolset et que vous avez besoin d'aide, veuillez ouvrir un nouveau ticket d'assistance