Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Grant add/edit/delete own CPT permissions with Access

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Eduard Il y a 8 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Eduard.

Auteur
Publications
members.jpg
access.jpg

I am trying to: grant add/edit/delete own permissions of a CPT called MSWL Post for a new user role called Agent/Editor (created using the Members plugin). The role should NOT be able to Publish, only save a draft for approval by the admin.

I expected to see: the MSWL Post section on the dashboard.

Instead, I got: No access, only Profile options.

In Access, I checked Edit Own/Delete Own for MSWL Post (CPT) under role Agent/Editor. See attached screenshot.

In Members, I also set permissions for this. See attached screenshot.

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce your issue on my local.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would like to know more about your settings and relationship. For that I would eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Thanks

Since I don't own the site (just doing the technical stuff), I haven't gotten the OK to provide that info yet. So in the meantime, I have adjusted the Contributor role instead of a custom role for now. This works and fits our needs, so I'll leave it this way for now.

A general question, though -- what's the best way to create a unique user role to work with Views/Access? Maybe the Members plugin doesn't quite work with it.

Hi,

There is no compatibility issues with Members pugin.
You can use whatever better fits your needs.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.