Skip Navigation

[Résolu] getting error when i try to use a multi field group in a multistep form.

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 6 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 37 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Luo Yang Il y a 2 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Auteur
Publications

Where and how can I see the the problem you mentioned above?
Please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem.

If you need more assistance to setup the custom PHP codes, please point out where I can edit your custom PHP codes, thanks

HI Luo,

No problem. Here is the rundown of the places where it is used.
The first is the multi-step form
Page hidden link
The qualifications is on the 6th step form
template details:
hidden link
What must happen is after the qualifications has been entered it must enquire if a further entry must be made if yes show the next entry option if no go to step 7 of the form.
The custom code for the step form is in the appearance setting under astra child theme edit theme , functions. php.
There are thw one for 4 pages and on for 9 pages. the series you are interested is step 6 pf 9

This is much appreciated

You did not provide the new website credentials
hidden link

Can you share them in below private message box?

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website, will update here if find anything

step1.jpg

I have tried these in your website:
Login as user "herman", submit the step 1 post form, but get below an error message, see my screenshot step1.jpg
Can you check it? make sure your website is ready for debug

HI Luo,

Sorry about that. The information to use now is:
User: hermanadmin
password herman

Ok now I have encountered a further issue. The form you were using is giving an error yet I am not able to see what is the error message in other words i can not see what adjustments need to be made. I have tried to force all text black yet with no success.

This form a form in toolset called "new editors form step "

The admin login to check this would be:
toolsetadmin
password: toolsetadmin2021

Please iff you can have a look much appreciated

I have tried again with credentials you provided above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/getting-error-when-i-try-to-use-a-multi-field-group-in-a-multistep-form/page/2/#post-2213703

I see reCAPTCHA error: ERROR for site owner: Invalid key type

Can you check it, make sure your website is ready for debug, thanks

Hi Luo,

Sorry about this. ok it has been sorted, You should now be able to get on with a glitch.

None of the credentials works( user "hermanolivier64" or "toolsetadmin" ) in your new websites:
hidden link

I get below error message:
Error: the username hermanolivier64 is not registered on this site. If you are unsure of your username, try your email address instead.
Error: the password you entered for the username toolsetadmin is incorrect

Please check it, and update here when your website is ready for debug

Hi Luo,

Sorry, we have had serious issues the last few days on the site. I have reset all the credentials below and verified them as working

I have completed the provisional profile. If you log in with hermanolivier64 and follow this link it will take add editors "portfolio" page. This is where the first issue arises.
once you have logged in with the hermanolivier64 profile the system guides you to the following page. I am skipping some of the automated steps as this will just bring you to the same place.
hidden link

This is where the profile is registered. This is a toolset form in a toolset portfolio. If you try to complete the form it gives an error message but it does not show the error. So I can not figure out why it does not want to update the form.

Once this is done and the profile has been registered, the portfolio is presented to the admin for authorization.

You will have to follow this procedure to get to the next and real issue. Once you have completed the above form (any data you want to use ), keep the first name and surname as Herman Olivier.

At this stage, you need to log in with the toolsetadmin user. Once you have logged in you can go to this page:
hidden link That will show the above user in the list to be approved. You click the approve button and the approval page for that user will be showing.
All you need to do is here is to select membership fees, as "individual", directory entry as "yes" and profile status as "approved"

Click Submit.
then login in as the user hermanolivier64
and follow this link.
hidden link
This is where the My Qualifications page is .
If you follow above form to step 6 that is where the multifield must be added and once done then on next move on to next step of the form.

That will then conclude the issues for this ticket.

It is of critical importance to follow the login and logout for a specific users as you progress through the system

I hope this will help you

We can handle the questions on by one.

For the first question:

If you try to complete the form it gives an error message but it does not show the error. So I can not figure out why it does not want to update the form.

I have tried it with my Chrome browser, I see below JS errors in your website:

cleantalk-modal.min.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'
cleantalk_collect_details.min.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<'

There should be other compatibility issues in your website, please try as below:
1) deactivate all other plugins, and switch to WordPress default theme 2021, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again
2) if the problem is fixed, then activate other plugins/theme, one by one, try to locate the problem plugin

Hi Luo,

Thank you for your reply. I have de-activated every plugin and referred to the 2021 theme. I have disabled all the PHP code in the theme customizer.

All that is left is the toolset plugins and the maintenance plugin.

The error of the registration profile still persists.

Herman Olivier

I have tried these in your website:
1) Deactivate all custom codes in Toolset-> Settings-> Custom codes
2) Create another post form for creating new "Editor Profile" post:
hidden link
3) Add it into the content template :
hidden link
4) Enable user role "PEG - Editor Pending Approval" to use above form in Access setting

Test it in frontend, it works fine, can you confirm it?
Since the original "New Editors Form Step 1" post form is highly customized manually, you can create a new post form and test again.

Hi Luo,

Thank you very much for your assistance. It seems to be working like anticipated.
All that is now outstanding from the ticket multi-field group in a multistep form. "My Qualification"

You have been an immense help during the flow of this ticket
we do really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hi Luo,
I see we haven't had a reply for 4 days on this issue. Would you mind having a look, please?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.