Skip Navigation

[Résolu] filter did not work on submit button

This support ticket is created Il y a 1 an et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 13 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Shane Il y a 1 an et 9 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

The Taxonomie-Filter in my View dont work correctly. It is with
[wpv-control-post-taxonomy taxonomy="veranstaltungskategorie" type="select" url_param="wpv-veranstaltungskategorie"]

the query is set auto by:

Datum und Uhrzeit ist ein/e String gleich URL_PARAM(wpv-wpcf-datum-und-uhrzeit)

Here you can see it is no filter working (submit button required)
hidden link

in a other view a copy of this filter is working here

hidden link

The Shortcode which include the views in pages is (in both the same shortcodes with different views - but they nearly the same):
[wpv-form-view name="veranstaltungs-liste-filter01-archiv" target_id="self"]
[wpv-view name="veranstaltungs-liste-date-archiv" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-view name='veranstaltungs-liste-filter01-archiv' view_display='layout']"]

thx for any hint - i cant see the forest by all this trees 😉

Alex

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Alex,

If the filter was copied and pasted from another view then its quite possible that this view is missing the query filter to make the frontend filter work.

My suggestion is to add the filter to the view by using the Add New Filter button as this will auto add the correct query filter for the frontend filter to work.

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

hi Shane,

i did the filters in it by adding New Filter Button. - But it dont work. Its like a miracle for me.

would you like to see the views in Backend?

best regards - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-27 um 17.14.27.jpg

hey - thanks - on screenshot i try to show which is working, which not..

thx a lot:

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

I see the issue now. You're using the filter from This view hidden link

To filter the results of this view below.
hidden link

Can you confirm that my assumptions are correct ? Because the view above doesn't have a query filter for the taxonomy hence why the results are unchanging. Also I see that you're passing another view into this view to filter by some form of relationship but the view has no relationship filter either.

Thanks,
Shane

hi Shane,

i dont think so - it is the page with shortcodes in it:

[wpv-view name="veranstaltungs-liste-date-archiv" wpvrelatedto="[wpv-view name='veranstaltungs-liste-filter01-archiv' view_display='layout']"]

that work on the other combination as well - or did i something not see?

thx - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Based on this setup you're using the filter of this view below.

To filter this view here.

Your "veranstaltungs-liste-filter01-archiv" view is not displaying any information on the page. In fact the filter is working correct and as intended for the view.

I see here wpvrelatedto="[wpv-view name='veranstaltungs-liste-filter01-archiv' view_display='layout']" that you're passing the filtered view as a parameter with the wpvrelatedto filter however on the "veranstaltungs-liste-date-archiv" view there is no query filter to account for this wpvrelatedto parameter.

I went ahead and added the relationship filter that is required and your view should now be displaying the correct data.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

but now view said: "No items found".

can you have a look to this?

thx - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

Under what circumstances does the view show No Items Found ? As this exact URL below shows the items being filtered.
hidden link

Thanks,
Shane

Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 18.45.04.jpg

hey Shane,

here is a example that dont find some items - but there are over 200 items in it. Look at the screenshot.
hidden link

thx for the helping - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

The problem is the filters, there is also a date filter on the view that is displaying the results, so even if you have posts, unless they meet the criteria of the filters then the view will display no items found.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey Shane,

i think the filters can work together - issent it?

or what can i do ?

best regards - alex

Shane
Supporter

Hi Alex,

They are working together, so you're filtering by 2 parameters. 1 being the search criteria and the other being the date filter.

It's just that when none of your post don't match the search criteria of the filters then it'll display the no items found.

If you want to avoid this you can remove the date filter, however you will just get a list of post based on the search criteria.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.