Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Experiencing problem with creating content template

This support ticket is created Il y a 2 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 8 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by AndreG3332 Il y a 2 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
support image 3 add the form link do not give orange block like is support page..png
support image 2 add the form link.png
support image 1 logged in user messsage..png

Hi there,

I am using the toolset login system for the first time and I am getting unexpected results.

I would appreciate some assistance

This is the link I am working from :
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1622351/

I am following your directions 100% up to the image labelled "Template for non-logged-in users"

Instead of the message stating you are already logged in it just shows you the logged in users name.
image1 "support image 1 logged in user message".

Then selecting the user login under user data option
image2 "support image 2 selecting user data".

Then it gives me the following screen. No orange block, just the logged-in user name.

image 3"support image 3 add the form link do not give orange block like is the support page."

Where am I messing it up?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Andre,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Remember what you're setting up here is going to be shown to users who are not logged in. If the user is logged in then they will see the actual page.

In your case you've set the My Account page to display the user's name.

When the user is logged out and if the instructions are followed correctly then the user should see the Login Form instead of their username.

However you must've already setup the login form and the access permissions for the page which is highlighted here.
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1622351/#building-a-layout-using-a-login-form

Thanks,
Shane

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

My account incogneto.png
My account - edit screen.png
Content template - login form.png

Hi Shane ,

Sorry to reactivate this, but is am getting badly lost right now..

I have been following the instructions to the letter for the my-account page. I did create the content template, (this was where I messed up with the start of the ticket. This is now showing me the correct content. Thx. However, I am now trying to set up the "my account " page where we are adding the login form. When I view the:my-account " page it states that you are logged in as "admin". However when I try to access the page in incognito and a different browser to view as a guest the states " you are logged in as instead of showing me the log in form.

I have deleted all that I have tried before and have restarted the process twice and both times I am getting the same results

Any ideas?

Here are three screenprints that should show you what I have done.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

Its quite possible that the page itself wasn't added to the access group to deny the user access to the My Account page when logged in.

If you check the instructions here.
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1645837-1622351/#setting-the-login-form-template-to-appear-on-the-my-account-page-for-visitors

You will notice that it gives you the instructions on how to restrict the page so the My Account only shows for logged in users and the Login form will only show for guests.

If you're still unsure please let me know
Thanks,
Shane

access Control.png

HI Shane,

I have followed the instructions in the pages that you have sent me, to the T. I already had the permissions set that the link above stated. I am still getting the same reaction.

Here is a screen print of the permissions.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

Can you allow me to have admin access to the site so that I can have a more detailed look at this one for you ?

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.
Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Andre,

This should now be working.

The problem was that you didn't assign the my account page to the "Logged-in User Only " post group, so no restrictions were being applied to the page.

Thanks,
Shane

Finally, it is sorted!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.