Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Edit view inside layout not saving changes

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
In layout “Close this view and return to the layout” button is not working.

Solution:
In WPML language settings >> Enable: "Language filtering for AJAX operations" >> and it resolved the issue.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 12:00 – 17:00 -
- 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 18:00 – 21:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Gregor Il y a 6 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Noman.

Auteur
Publications
Bildschirmfoto 2017-09-11 um 21.44.56.png

Until now we had a search and search results showing on the same page (front page). To fasten up the loading time of the homepage (google insight gives "poor" results) client wants to separate the search form and search results.

What I did:

1. I created a Page "search-results" and added shortcode [wpv-view name="search-all-map"]
2. I edit Layout for home page -> edit View Cell "search-all-map"
3. In Edit View I change: "What do you want to display in this cell?" from "The search form and the results" to "Only the search form"
4. I specify the page "search-results" to show the results (this page contains a shortcode: [wpv-view name="search-all-map-copy"]
5. I hit "close this view and return to the layout" button

6. NOTHING HAPPENS! ...the loading indicator spins for ages and every hit on the button adds a new indicator.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Gregor,

Thank you for contacting Toolset support.

1. Can you please also try to check it by deactivating all third-party plugins (except Toolset) and switching back to the Default Theme (e.g. Twenty Sixteen theme) to see for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?

2. Please delete all sort of caches in your site plugin cache (W3 Total Cache), CDN / server cache (if any), browser cache too. Deactivate W3 Total Cache plugin for testing too.

3. MySQL 5.5.57 version in your site, is lower than the required for Toolset. Please upgrade MySQL version and see if this resolves the issue: https://toolset.com/toolset-requirements/

Thank you

Hello Noman,

thanks for the response! I disabled all plugins (not WPML or Toolset), disabled the caching plugin..... no changes on Chrome but it worked in Firefox!!! Even with all plugins enabled and also caching.... but now after I got it work I have an even more bothering problem:

On my MAC and my clients PC all works fine and as expected but not on our mobile phone ????

When browsing the new home page with "Search only, no results", in any other language then the main language (english), the search form does not work correctly. When I change any of the dropdown filters (Property type, location, island,...) the form changes to english (only the form, not the whole page!) and I have to select the values again. The same happens on the search result page. The form switches to english when a filter is changed and even some filters like: "Sale" or "Rental" return a "No properties found" which is not true.

Please try: hidden link or hidden link on a mobile phone and start changing one of the filters... form changes to english and filter is reset.

The filters worked fine before I separated search form and search results.

Please help!

Hello again, some update:

Just noticed that this also happens on pages where I have a search filter that I have not touched the last days so it has nothing todo with the new "Search only" on home but seams to be a general problem.

hidden link has a filter that is pre set for "houses" type and there the switching of languages also happens - on mobile only

Another update:

I think I found a solution in WPML language settings:

I enabled: "Language filtering for AJAX operations" = "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX"

which seams to have made the search filter work on mobile devices too!!!

I will confirm with my client and than come back to close the ticket.

Noman
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

okay great to hear that you were able to find the solution 🙂 I am marking this ticket as [ Waiting ]

Thank you

Hello Noman,

great, client is happy!
Ticked closed!!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.